Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

11 month neglect dread update...

Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
So, here are the newest pics. I have been frustrated lately because all my dreads have developed these giant bumps and I can't get past them to put any beads on! Good news is that I am indeed dreading very well and am glad I hung in there this long. I hope my progress will be an encouragement to some of you who have felt like your hair will never move forward. In a parting word...I will also mention that it seems as I have progressed I have developed a mild case of eczema or psoriasis on a couple of small areas of my head. I think it is also aggravated by the mild pullingI feel on my scalp. Anyway, I tried alot of things to soothe the itching and found only one product that seems to really help. It is called Grandpa's Pine Tar soap. It smells awful but gets the job done...so, give it a try if all else fails....and KEEP ON DREADING! :)
updated by @panterra-caraway: 02/14/15 11:43:24AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

pics are tiny!

have u tried the bs/acv teatree rosemary pepermint combo for that? smells bertter and worth a try

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
13 years ago
108 posts
Right on!!!!! pics are small but I see.... I got giant bumps too, but its cool whatever the dread gods give me I'm happy with lol..... Glad you stuck with it.... mine turn 1 year on June 11th... we started about the same time.... Keep knottin...
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Those big giant bumps will go down. You will be able to bead them again soon :) They look great!
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
I know! What is up with those baby pics???! I usually use my phone and this time I used my I-pod! They are clearer but mini! LOL I have layed off the BS, only because it fades my color so badly. I wanted to do the tea tree but I was hoping for it in a bar form...do they make it that way? The peppermint seemed to work for awhile and then it didn't anymore. The worst itching is right at my temples whereI have developed lots of new dreads. I have not tried any rosemary...should it be in a tea? I plan on posting some very good year anniversary pics that will be with an amzing camera, then everyone can see the real deal much better. P.S...Just had to say SE that the dread guide you posted a few days ago with our teen dreads getting tats and running wild literally made me wet my pants as I sat at the computer!!! Too much morning coffee and your wicked, twisted sense of humor and I was done for! You are the best! <3

soaring eagle said:

pics are tiny!

have u tried the bs/acv teatree rosemary pepermint combo for that? smells bertter and worth a try

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha hope u changed after that

u can get bronners teatree in mar or liquid u can add rosemaery to it

i find rosemaey helps the most

i use tearee rosemary pepermint lavender and lemmongrass

love the combo

99.999% itch free

Panterra Caraway said:

I know! What is up with those baby pics???! I usually use my phone and this time I used my I-pod! They are clearer but mini! LOL I have layed off the BS, only because it fades my color so badly. I wanted to do the tea tree but I was hoping for it in a bar form...do they make it that way? The peppermint seemed to work for awhile and then it didn't anymore. The worst itching is right at my temples whereI have developed lots of new dreads. I have not tried any rosemary...should it be in a tea? I plan on posting some very good year anniversary pics that will be with an amzing camera, then everyone can see the real deal much better. P.S...Just had to say SE that the dread guide you posted a few days ago with our teen dreads getting tats and running wild literally made me wet my pants as I sat at the computer!!! Too much morning coffee and your wicked, twisted sense of humor and I was done for! You are the best! <3

soaring eagle said:

pics are tiny!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts
I do remember that we started about the same time! So now we will have an even better Dread-aversary party!!! Yeah! (I still want to ride in your bus! <3)
And I will definitely keep knotting my brother...Love to you!
Earthstudios said:
Right on!!!!! pics are small but I see.... I got giant bumps too, but its cool whatever the dread gods give me I'm happy with lol..... Glad you stuck with it.... mine turn 1 year on June 11th... we started about the same time.... Keep knottin...
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
13 years ago
667 posts

Taye, you always make me feel good! Big (((HUGS))))
taye said:
Those big giant bumps will go down. You will be able to bead them again soon :) They look great!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
They look amazing! I'm getting the big loop/bumps now and my hair has just gone crazy and even some of my dreads have seperated at the bottoms as two and are starting ot like spin around on themselves. Look amazing and have you seen if maylees makes a teatree bar?
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
yay! those are some pretty impressive knots, lady! dr. bronners has a tea tree bar and maylee's has one too. i still can't use shampoo bars. leaves my hair all yucky feeling.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form