Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

crochet tam/headband

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

I just learned how to crochet a headband. I've been trying to learn how to make a hat/tam from the video from ThreadBanger. It's a REALLY good video, but it goes way too fast even if I do pause it. Does anyone know where I can learn how to make a tam? I'm new at crocheting and haven't learned all those fancy terms. Thank you all. Love and happiness <3

updated by @jessica-ann-hughes: 01/13/15 09:02:40PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
i would love love love someone to organise a crocheting tams class soon i wanna learn too but im confused

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
That would be uber helpful. I'm just now learning how to make other things with crocheting, but all I got so far is a granny square, a headband, and then a...scarf? haha! I have a tam (I guess you could call it that, it's a slouchyhat thingy I got from target a while back) but I haven't used it yet, but I don't really know how tams help the dreading process. What are the benefits and drawbacks?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well the wool makes em knot more

the shape adds compression so they tighten while still able to move

and

they keep hot dreads off shoulders and back when its 100 degrees out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
Would wearing one to bed be any advantage? I can't wear one durring the day due to school.
oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
13 years ago
38 posts
its super easy!, i had no experience crocheting.. bought materials and whatched one video on youtube how to crochet.. it showed me how to make a granny square and i just did it in a circle instead and just made rounds bigger or smaler accordingly it came out pretty nicely and now i make them all the time.. you can too, without a class needed.. allthough it would probly help :) good luck and holla if ya got questions
Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts

I can make a granny square, but every time I try to make the tam, the edges curl inwards. Same goes for when I make anything circular. It makes me really frustrated.

oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
13 years ago
38 posts

ok this is all you need to do... every time you get your little chain made by pulling thru the hoops.. when you return for another strand from your tension hold.. pull it thru the same hole a few times at the most and itll widen right up.. visa versa to bring it tighter at the part that you want to gab your head and fit snug.. in otherwords skip holes to tighten.. and go thru every hole more than once to widen.. thats all i do

Jessica Ann Hughes
@jessica-ann-hughes
13 years ago
85 posts
I know skipping holes tightens, but I don't know. ahhhhh. So confusing >_< I need visuals D:
oostan heimach
@oostan-heimach
13 years ago
38 posts
youtube
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form