Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Heartbroken

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
After two months of having TNR'd dreads, I am no longer a "dread-head". They have ALL come undone. In the first few days after they were done the section of my hair at the nape of my neck came undone and wouldn't hold when I re-did them, so I just let those go and figured in a few weeks of NOT brushing, they would knot up on their own.... after two months without a comb or brush going through them, they were still all silky soft and untangled. (WTF?!) The rest of my hair has been gradually coming undone for about a week or two, starting at the end and working up to the root. I am seriously considering letting my hair get a bit longer and then backcoming dreads in cause I really really miss them!! I was down to "washing" my hair 1-2 times per week with BS and EO. I just don't know what I did wrong. Maybe I'll get a wave perm put in my hair before the next attempt, I dunno. I DO know that I HATE my hair now. I was really loving my dreads. :-(
updated by @kai-rayne: 02/14/15 08:07:15AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no perm no perm jyust keep not combing this isnt unusiual it still weill dread just let it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
add sea salt to the bs mix and watch it dread

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
I thought you should use sea salt and leave it in, I rinse the BS mix out. How much sea salt should I put in it? I use a large pickle jar to mix my rinse and use 3-4 tablespoons of BS, and then 5-10 drops of different EO.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

3.5% and no u can rinse it after 10 min or u can spray it on wauit no more then 2 hours then rinse it odff

just adding to the bs will do wonders

but its 3 1/2 % of the water volume...about

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Oh geez, I'm going to have to do math to figure out how much to use? lol So what if I use it plain with water only, will it still work as well as with the BS?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yup if u do that pour or spray on 2 hours b4 u wash

--
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

i feel for you, sweetie. my hair doesn't like to hold knots either. you need to find a way to roughen up the cuticle of your hair so it will be more likely to accept the t&r or just knotting in general. a wave perm doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. a few other people on here have done the same and have had good results with natural knotting.

i would suggest washing more often (every other day) since the oils from your scalp can soften the hair and make knots slip out. add 2 tsp. of sea salt to your bs wash. be careful to not add to much eo's to your wash because it might soften your hair more. skip acv rinces. do sea salt sprays on your hair on the days in between washing. let your hair dry in the sun if you can. you could also try washing your hair with dish detergent like dawn original. it will strip your hair but will make it more prone to knotting.

{{hugs}}

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and..add beads they cant unravel if theyre stuck in a bead

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
the wave perm idea slightly scares me to be honest. I have known more people that have had problems with perming before dreading, then haven't. Perms are pretty damaging and then using a started method to create dreads seems a lil sketchy. Talk to panterra, she'll let you know weather it's a good idea for the structure of your hair or not. Either way hang in there and have patience it will dread
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form