Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

LICE ? I'm FREAKIN out!! Help if you have experience

Khristina
@khristina
13 years ago
22 posts

Please post if you have any experience with this.

My 6 year old has been scratching her head the last few days, I kept looking in her not dreaded hair and not seeing anything. I've never had nor seen lice so wasn't sure what I was looking for. Then today as I'm looking in her hair, I seen some little white things but wasn't sure until I seen a freaking brown bug. Went to walgreens, got the rid stuff, used and attempted to get out the eggs. I only seen 2 bugs so I'm hoping its not too bad. Please let this stuff work.

From what I understand, its easy to kill the bugs but the eggs have to be combed out or they will hatch and be the lice bug which will lay more eggs.....NASTY!

So now I'm freaking out cause I'm scared that I have them in my 7 month dreaded hair which is still a mess by the way. Heck, if she can get them from school, It would be impossible for me not to have them right? I mean we lay in bed and snuggle, etc.......MAN this sucks.....hate to say it but its makin me squeemish to hug my own kid. And of course I'm scratching my head probably more than normal cause I got the heebeejeebies.

I use the dr bronner tea tree for what i've had this 7 months I assume is dandruff....don't really know as I never had dandruff before. I wash my hair every 2-3 days. So I can't really see if there were eggs in my hair....very hard to see scalp especially in the back. If I wait to see actual bugs flying around, it will be INFESTED. Shit do they fly, I don't know.

Help!

updated by @khristina: 02/14/15 09:35:36AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they dongt fly they dont jump they have to climb hair to hair but can latch on quickly

teatreree they hate so use the teatree add extra teatree to the scalp oftento prevent them..if you have them pour 70% rubbing alcahol over the dreads in a bun wrap then in plastic for 30 minor longer the fumes kill em dread but u got to repeat it every 3 days to break the 5 day egg cycle u need to do it at least 3 times in 9 days soak in undiluted vinegar 10 min after the alcahols washed out that dissoklves the glue thsat holds the eggs on

fir the kid instead of rid try vasaline or mayonese cake it on wait 30 minutes then rinse off and do the vineger and combv out repeat every 3 days too wash everything u own spray the furniu8iture clean everythuing anything u cant wash seal in plasrtic bags 2 weeks if they cant eat they die

when you do the alcahol the fumes can get to yoiu too so breathe through a paper towel tube

it will sting bad u will curcse and scream and bang your fist (at least i did) but the sting steralizes and scratches so its good

tearttree oil prevents bugs use it always in yoyr and her shampoo

nem seed oil can be added to the shamopoo too it kills ..everything..even leprocy..any parasites and y bacteria ..it hardens at room temps so heat it up (put the bottle in hot water till its liquid) add a capfull to the sghampoo it ..smells lil bitter an earthy smell some ppl hate but it will kill em along with the alcahol u will see em raining everywhere and find dead ones on your pillow

always use teatree add lemmongrass and eucolyptus to really be sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they can hold breath 14 minutes so minumum 30 min to killem to be sure

eggs will hatch after u dio it so u wont be rid of em in 1 try the babies mature iun 5 days lay eggs 5 days after bveing born the eggs take 5 days to hatch so 3 days like clockwork repeatted at least 3 times..maybe more ..u will get em all ..just be sure to clean well often and use a spray on furniture to be sure no reinfestations possible

--
Khristina
@khristina
13 years ago
22 posts

First thanks for the quick reply, you are the BEST

"they" being the lice or the eggs? Can they hold their breathe in regular water? Like what if I just dunk my head in the bath tub for 1/2 an hour? I'm scared of the Alcohol

What kind of spray to use on the house?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont be scared of the alcahol it stings but its harmless if u have asthma tho use a longer tube cause the fumes can be stroing

they can crawl to the surface your nbose has to be out of the water the alcahol the fumes are everywhere u wrap it in plastic they have nothing but alcahol fumes to breathe no air ..they die

they may even get oxegen from your blood ticks ive submerged in water hours and hours while they suck your blood they dont need to breathe they get theyre oxygen from your lungs

theres other options..alcahol wors best

but u can do the mayonese or mayo and vineger mixed but its not too easy to wash outta dreads and u gotta use alot to totaly coat em thick the alcahol u dont need alot the fumes not the liquid do the work so u dont gotta soak the dreads pust pour on a decent ammkou8nt wrap em and wait

it is the best way

if your scalps not all chewed to hell the sting wont bother u when i did it i was severely infested chewed to hell gfor weeks and scalp bloody so it wasnt pleasant but my scalp healed fast and was better then ever afterwardsa

--
Khristina
@khristina
13 years ago
22 posts

Ouch that sounds rough, sorry to hear about it ......okay I feel better using it, still a bit scared it will dry the crap out of my hair. Still don't know if I have them or not. Maybe I should just do the alcohol every 3 days just to make sure.

Could you please tell me what to spray for the house? Is it something you buy or make?

Thanks again, I sure am glad there is this website and you here

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the vinager moistturizes so the alcahol wont rdry in fact they will be very soft and nice

u get a lice spray for treating furniture dunno names or anything

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
order some delacet online. Its waayy better than that chemical crap and it will also kill the eggs! Good Luck!
Nickberber
@nickberber
13 years ago
24 posts
Delacet for sure...ive heard its the best herbal solution
Khristina
@khristina
13 years ago
22 posts

I googled it and it seems its only available in the U.K. some discussions saying its been discontinued : (

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form