Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ello people!! (+1st wash exp.)

Lolrance
@lolrance
13 years ago
3 posts

Hello my name is Larance and I'm a college student in the 2nd fattest state. I decided to grow locs because i have had a strange urge to grow my hair out my whole life. For years now i have been on the fence about growing locs with one of the main hindrances (aside from my mom) being the idea of their permanence (yes i have commitment issues ;)) then there was the the fact that i was told that after a few years a couple would start falling out (now i know its due to the fact most people overtwist their locs). A few months ago i decided to stop cutting my hair and let it grow into an afro with no real intentions of doing anything with it (even tho i guess in the back of my head i always intended to get locs). As it grew i found myself on the net looking up information on locks. I (luckily) found this site during one of my first few searches and caught myself coming back to it more and more often. I decided to get my cousin's girlfriend to do some twists for me since she offered her services for free; however, i did not like the end result much and took them out a week later. a couple of more months passed and i was getting more and more frustrated with trying to keep my fro picked out. at this point i really wanted to start my locs natty style, but i couldnt even walk around the house for half-a-day with my hair uncombed without my mom constantly making some comment so that idea was out the window. I considered trying to twist them myself but i have severe difficulty trying to do anything constructive with my hands so i figured it would be best to get someone else to do it. previously i had asked a friend whos had locs for several years where he started his at and told me wal-mart for only 45$. So i decided that as soon as i had 45$ in my hand i would go and get my locs started. i spent several days on the site learning the does and don'ts and finally collected the money a few days later. The lady at the salon seemed pretty trustworthy stating that she doesnt use wax because it doesnt work well for growing locs so i let her proceed. they turned out pretty well (post pics l8er). its been about a week now so i decided today would be my first day washing them. i gathered the ingredients for the bs wash and acv rinse (which included severely overpriced tea tree and rosemary oil). i did the wash and got out of the shower to find my previously backwards facing babies now facing down on the sides and my top falling forward (once again pics posted later). At first i was slightly taken aback until i remembered what SE says in alot of his posts about letting them do whatever they are going to do. And now from this moment i can do just that. sorry about the epic. oh and thanks for all the wonderful information i have found on this site.

PEACE

updated by @lolrance: 01/13/15 09:02:10PM
Lolrance
@lolrance
13 years ago
3 posts

lol sorry i was really bored last night and it was a good time killer. uhm yes my friend told me about walmart and i don't plan on getting them retwisted since it would essentially be a waste of money. i just did it to get them started.

My mom is much more chill about it now though so that's cool.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow funny that the 1 salon thats not gonna totaly screw em up is the last oplace in the world youd ever think could do dreads ..i never ever ever would have thought walmart did dreads let alone wax free dreads..too funny

but then again if u were caucasuan u probly would have gotten twists too who knows

o welcome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lolrance
@lolrance
13 years ago
3 posts

Yeah i wouldnt recommend anyone else try them if you don't live where i live, and i definitely don't know what they would do with caucasian hair.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form