Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hating dreads cause dreads are too clean?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

had an interesting..or bizzare convo with the husband of a dready freind on facebook.

i'll keep the details vague and leave out names

but ok he contacts me cause hes begging for help cause he hates his wifes dreads and claimed they stink and gross him out

after loooking through all the pics in the =inspiration thread he said only 1 looked good my best freind chevy cause he thought she was a he..lol(kinda think he just has issues with women in general)

abnyway i ask his wife how she washes etc aparently she washes every day sometimes more often using pepermint or lavender dr bronners

so i question him about where his bias came from and he tells me he was brought up in some european country where ists customery to bathe only a couple times a year and use rose rater to smell ok the rest of the time

so because her dreads were clean he was grossed out

(went on to say he thought men should wear powdered white wigs and keep their heads shaved under it)

he really laimed to be trying to see th e good in dreads but all he ever said was negative hatefull and ugly

just never had such a strange convo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:02:07PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
That's sooo SAD! I can't imagine being married to someone who didn't *love* my dreads i.e. extension of MYSELF! :o(
Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
SE that is very strange! and i agree NaturalWomyn..howawfulthe wife would have felt if she knew her husband was so...hateful! whaaaaat? powdered wigs? bathe only a couple times a year? well, to each their own.lol
Monte Jackson
@monte-jackson
13 years ago
34 posts
id love a powdered white wig lol
Earthchild
@earthchild
13 years ago
1 posts
powdered wigs/bathing only few times a year? is it possible the dude tried to tease you? cause that sort of hygiene isnt up to date. it was a few hundret years ago. in the time of baroque i think.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

his wife is on the site no wasnt a tease hes actualy that ..strange

--
Julie Edelman-Pursel
@julie-edelman-pursel
13 years ago
4 posts
Wow that man is....weird??? Not nice??? Both!!! Poor woman I'm sure he's not very nice to her in general and probably has no respect for women. Just guessing!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea pretty much the impression i got but dont wanna reveal too many details

but yea goes out of his way to insult and embarass her in public type stuff

--
jameela bailey
@jameela-bailey
13 years ago
30 posts
haha too clean? and yea i saw what your talking about on a movie once, based on england and stuff how they don't bathe a lot and it has to do with kings and queens not taking a bath because it was kind of special to only take one a year and thats why they wore powder and lots of makeup, because they had ring worms and pimples and nasty skin in general, so yea i think he's stuck in the ages of the 1800's haha.
Star Gryphon
@star-gryphon
12 years ago
190 posts

Wow....never heard of someone being offended by the smell of a clean human...

I know I was told by a girl that I needed to stop washing my hair for as long as I could stand it when I was first locking up my hair. I didn't make an issue of it and just ignored that advice. Several weeks later I run into her and she had cut all her hair off. I asked why and she told me that they were molding from the inside out...and it was making her sick carrying it around with her on her head....

People are definitely odd

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form