Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dreads or no?

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

First of all, ive wanted dreads for a very long time, maybe 3 or 2 years just ignoring it, im male white and im just wondering any things i should know going on with maybe starting to dread my hair. I dont need to ask if there dirty, i know they arent. i have done alot of research on the formation so theres no problem there. I wanted to ask you guys if its really a good idea to do this in high school. I know that i will get shit about them but as you probably know its not an easy time in high school. Is it a good idea to dread my hair at this point in my life or no?

Thanks

updated by @chris-mora: 02/14/15 11:01:54AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yes it is but what research did u do on the formation u probly =got more bad info then good so tell me how u will "form" them

and we have some who are dreadimg from under 2 years old probly 1/2 are in hs or just getting out

yea its a good time to

but lets make sure u dread right

if u think u should use wax or crochet or products at all or dread kits..then we need to re-educate or dreaducate u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts
well i have heard many ways to do them such as having people split up your hair and backcomb them or get them done in some hair place(ive also heard NOT to use wax is this true?), if you could give me the best way that would be great. thanks for relying!

soaring eagle said:

yes it is but what research did u do on the formation u probly =got more bad info then good so tell me how u will "form" them

and we have some who are dreadimg from under 2 years old probly 1/2 are in hs or just getting out

yea its a good time to

but lets make sure u dread right

if u think u should use wax or crochet or products at all or dread kits..then we need to re-educate or dreaducate u

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well u do not want to get themdone in any salon and definately no wax backcomb..is ok =but certainly not the best

going naturakl is by far the best..losr the comb and thats all you just dont comb or condition and they dread themselves

but next best way is twist n rip therers info on here about that

it really will dread itself tho so thats ofcourse the best healthiest way

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
xxMercy
@xxmercy
13 years ago
26 posts

do it!! i regret not dreading in high school when i first started thinking about it. i waited almost 5 years lol. and if people talk shit tell them to shove it, some people just don't understand no matter how hard you try to explain. people talk crap about mine alllllll the tim, can't let it phase you.

listen to SE though!! no crochet or wax!! =]

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

Yeah i want to, ive been aching to do them ever since middle school! i think i can handle the namecalling and all of that. thank you for the support

xxMercy said:

do it!! i regret not dreading in high school when i first started thinking about it. i waited almost 5 years lol. and if people talk shit tell them to shove it, some people just don't understand no matter how hard you try to explain. people talk crap about mine alllllll the tim, can't let it phase you.

listen to SE though!! no crochet or wax!! =]

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts

twist n rip and backcombing both look pretty good. :)
soaring eagle said:

well u do not want to get themdone in any salon and definately no wax backcomb..is ok =but certainly not the best

going naturakl is by far the best..losr the comb and thats all you just dont comb or condition and they dread themselves

but next best way is twist n rip therers info on here about that

it really will dread itself tho so thats ofcourse the best healthiest way

Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
you should read the WHOLE dreaduacation page and then decide which method to go with :) it really helped me.

TnR is a good method, and backcomb is alright too, but much more damaging.

High School is a rough time but if you know who you are as aperson and why your doing what your doing, you cannot be phased by the negativity of others, people that make fun of you or put you down are onlyuneducatedand ignorant, and TRULY the best thing to do is laugh right back at em' or walk away happily :)

youll look great with dreads and good luck on your journey!
Bananarama
@bananarama
13 years ago
8 posts

Do what your instinct tells you :) Highschool is pretty f*cked, and if anyone says anything- hey, you've got a middle finger right? if you know what you want, and you got good reasons (ie. you want them because YOU want them, not cause 'my gf said they're cool' lol) then i'd say go for it!

also, people tend to regret what they didnt do, rather than what they did. you could give it a go and see how it turns out, and if you dont like them, just comb & conditioner them out.

Chris Mora
@chris-mora
13 years ago
41 posts
thank you, i have since did them using twist and rip and i am loving them!

Bananarama said:

Do what your instinct tells you :) Highschool is pretty f*cked, and if anyone says anything- hey, you've got a middle finger right? if you know what you want, and you got good reasons (ie. you want them because YOU want them, not cause 'my gf said they're cool' lol) then i'd say go for it!

also, people tend to regret what they didnt do, rather than what they did. you could give it a go and see how it turns out, and if you dont like them, just comb & conditioner them out.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form