Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

interlocking dreads

nicole smith
@nicole-smith
13 years ago
8 posts
i had started my process through interlocking..did i make a good choice..how do i maintain interlocking dreads
updated by @nicole-smith: 02/15/15 03:39:31PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no bad bad choice but whats done is don e if u can undo em u should but if u cant then just never ever interlock again if youir safrican american you do have a better chance at surviving interlocking but interlocking is notoriosly bad even the ppl who recomend the worse methods there are warn not to interlock

but dont fear thats not a death sentence just a strong warning to never interlock again

to maintain..wash..seperate..but be extra gentle when you do the interlocking caused weak spots at every interlock point

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nicole smith
@nicole-smith
13 years ago
8 posts
so if i stop what process do i start from here? twisting?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no..twisting also weakens the roots and only should be done 1 or 2 times early on if they fall apart theres no danger of that with the interlock just leave em be wash 1-3 times a week every week and seperate if they try to grow togeher ..pull them away from eachother when wet ripping any connecting hairs

other then that..do nothing..let em dread

hair dreads if u let it u never have to force it the more u do the weaker they become the less you do the healthier they will be

--
nicole smith
@nicole-smith
13 years ago
8 posts
so dont put no wax or nothing on them..just leave it alone and wash them
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

alotta ppl get away with twisting or interlocking awhile but then alot dont its not a smart thing to do when u think about what its doing it makes no sense at all

twisting has the same issues as too tight braiding abd corn rows it can cause thinning of the roots breaking and eventualy traction alopecia which causes permenant balding

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yesa did u usde wax already? if so u want to remove it! wax is evil in dreads

however you know your haitr type requires moisture u dont produce oils so your hairs dry dry dry unless you use something

aloe (onl pure aloe straight from the plant) shae butter jojoba oil anything like that is all u want africas best oils are great nicole smith said:

so dont put no wax or nothing on them..just leave it alone and wash them

--
nicole smith
@nicole-smith
13 years ago
8 posts

soaring eagle said:

no bad bad choice but whats done is don e if u can undo em u should but if u cant then just never ever interlock again if youir safrican american you do have a better chance at surviving interlocking but interlocking is notoriosly bad even the ppl who recomend the worse methods there are warn not to interlock

but dont fear thats not a death sentence just a strong warning to never interlock again

to maintain..wash..seperate..but be extra gentle when you do the interlocking caused weak spots at every interlock point

yes a little of wax was used...so from here on out jus let them grow..what do i do whenits time to tighten them up what do i do

nicole smith
@nicole-smith
13 years ago
8 posts

soaring eagle said:

yesa did u usde wax already? if so u want to remove it! wax is evil in dreads

however you know your haitr type requires moisture u dont produce oils so your hairs dry dry dry unless you use something

aloe (onl pure aloe straight from the plant) shae butter jojoba oil anything like that is all u want africas best oils are greatnicole smith said:so dont put no wax or n

othing on them..just leave it alone and wash them
so what do i do to keep them tight, fresh and looking good
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

you want to do wax removal wax prevents dreading u want to get all that wax out thats nasty and they never need retightening! they never needed anything to start but they will have some looseness for up to a year just leave em be they tighhten themselves over tuime

the wax though will prevent them from dreading properly so use the wax removal soap get the wax out then they will dread just fine

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form