Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Burning Your Dreads

Patricia Fox
@patricia-fox
13 years ago
42 posts

I would like to pick everyone's brains on this subject.

I had never heard of burning your dreads until a friend of my husband's brought it up. I guess it is a maintenance method for fly away and loose hairs?

Have any of you ever done so. If so how and why?

Going the natural method i had never thought of such a thing. What do you think?

updated by @patricia-fox: 01/13/15 09:01:55PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive heard of it i wouldnt do it...intentionaly at least

ive accidently singed em but to intentionaly light your dreads on fires kinda masochistic i think

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mary
@mary
13 years ago
140 posts
I've heard of burning braids when you have extensions but never dreadlocks. I would rather twist it then burn it considering that I run the chance of starting a mini fire!
Patricia Fox
@patricia-fox
13 years ago
42 posts
I have never heard of such a thing. So I guess I envisioned singing or something in my head, But I thought maybe there was something I was missing. I must say I am not one for lighting my hair on fire.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres salons that cut hair with fire

what u do is light it up then quickly rub it down with a wet cloth

it siges everything off yea but it singes plenty in 1/2 on the surface too and in a few weeks yoir twice as fuzzy and ready to singe again..plus your gonna stink like burnt hair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

i've seen this done more often with african twist style braids, after the braid is finished the outer is singed like S.E said "quickly and then rubbed down" to remove any hair ends sticking out and to acheive a smoother finish.

Wouldnt recommend it for anything but reallly mature dreads....maybe?

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
i knew a guy from Haiti that would do this. His dreads looked nice, but it is not something i would ever do to my head.
Nikki K
@nikki-k
12 years ago
6 posts

ekkk...lighting your hair on fire would REALLY stink!..never heard of it btw..lol

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form