Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help, Please! (Calling those gifted in Beauty)

Toxic Radio
@toxic-radio
13 years ago
3 posts

So my senior prom is this friday and I have NOOO idea what to do with my dreads.

So I was wondering if the dreaded commuity would be so kkind as to offer me styling options/ideas? Pictures would be GREAT, andboth down and up dos would be looked at. I just really have no idea what to do. I attached a pic of myself for reference, my dreads are about a little higher than mid back, and my dress is going to be white, with one strap and some gold (its very grecian, but I dont wanna look too much like medusa hehe)

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks. :)

updated by @toxic-radio: 01/13/15 09:01:43PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

medusa was a goddess whos beauty was so feirce it turned men "to stone" this was a time where they flogged themselves for having sexual thoughts or becomming aroused

because the dreadlocked beauty had that power over thenm which they could not resist the desire they put her to death and a legend was born

but there is a whole stylig section the wedding styles discussion would be appropriate and has lots of pictures

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/categories/dreadlock-styles-and-dread/listForCategory

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

You have great dreads!! I did start a site called "different ways to wear your dreads" here on the site. Go there and you may find a look that you like. I also have different hair styles on my page..if you wish to take a look. It would be nice to see a picture of you in your prom dress and your beautiful dreads. Have a safe and nice evening.

This momma has dreads and loving it.

Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

My hair is a bit longer than yours, but yours looks long enough. Sorry I don't have a pic handy but I will describe what I often do.

I divide my hair from ear to ear across the top of my head, as if making a pony tale with the top part and leaving the rest down.

I take the top section of hair and wrap it around itself like a bun and secure with a large elastic twice.

I then take the hair that is down and separate it in half vertically on the back of my head, one portion over each shoulder hanging in the front.

I twist each of these sections gently and crisscross the sections in the front of the bun.

I wrap the section around the bun and tie them together. I then tuck in any loose ends.

Then I either wear it like that or add a hair wrap or scarf.

It would be a good style for prom, since then you can accent it with flowers or crystals or whateer will match your look.

Hope my directions were clear enough to understand. I will see if I have a picture handy.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form