Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bead question about sizes amount and maintanance.

♪♫-aussielocker-♫♪
@aussielocker
13 years ago
49 posts

Been told beads are a good idea to help dreads lock up and section.

But what size should I use as in my hair is short so the dread isn't as large as the sections, I have a few and some slide on but easily off porbably fall out without much effort but if i find smaller and really get them on tight they would be alot smaller than the mature dread... and any tips on how to get the little suckers on would help i just been getting tips wet and trying to thread it like needle but some hairs stray and have to force it up sometimes gets stuck wont go on...

Also do I go all out, one to a dread or just the ones playing up.. I know its also personal preference and also a fashion type thing as well, I would like to find few cool ones but should I put one on each dread as a maintenance thing?

Lots of questions I know but I hope to help others who ask me as well.

updated by @aussielocker: 01/13/15 09:01:17PM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I love to decorate and do things so I usually end up swapping beads on locs, but I sometimes I just find a loc that is bigger than the rest and say "this one would be perfect for (such and such bead)" I also have made my own beads w/ clay so I can customize the size. I currently do not have more than one bead per dread, but as said that is personal preference. Also something you may want to try if they fall off is to TnR below the bead, tho usually with in a couple days I always have a big loop right under the bead so if you have the patience to keep pushing it up or checking on it the dread will adapt to keep it in I've found :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

tip to get it on

take a loop of thread fold it so the loops pointy put the loop through the bead then spread it back out rounder

wet the dread tip

put thru the loop trying to get it close to the tip carefullt pull the thread thru the bead pulling the dread tip in with it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
♪♫-aussielocker-♫♪
@aussielocker
13 years ago
49 posts
Thanks for the reply's, gives me some things to think about :)
Kerry
@kerry
13 years ago
8 posts
To get mine on I take a thin thread covered rubberband and just put it halfway thru the bead, then my dread thru the one of the loops and pull it thru the bead. Easy peasy.I put them in and take em out. For fun, for fashion, for covering stubborn loops or frays. I love them!

-aussielocker- said:
Thanks for the reply's, gives me some things to think about :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form