Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

hello dreddies!

SensiScott
@sensiscott
13 years ago
12 posts

hi all! i am Scott from orlando. boy am i glad i found this site! i was very close to buying a "kit" from dreadheadHQ. i started growing my hair out about a year ago with the soul intention of dreading it. now i know about natural dreading and decided to go O'natural.. lol i currently wash my hair 2-3 times a week and do not condition. i just need to buy some baking soda and sea salt. its very hard for me not to play with or run my fingers through my hair lol but i am now determined to start the process and can't wait for lil dreadies to start popping up! here's a pic of how my hair looks right now

wish me luck!! =]

updated by @sensiscott: 02/14/15 02:27:14AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome u look like a natural dready beneath that combed hair ;)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
SensiScott
@sensiscott
13 years ago
12 posts

thanks! i'd like to think so haha

so how do i go about mixing my baking soda/sea salt solution?? do i just mix it all up at once and use as needed? sure would be easiest that way lol

ourdub
@ourdub
13 years ago
47 posts
welcome scott :) there some threads about bsoda washes
Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
Hey good luck on your dready journey :) for baking soda I just add a tablespoon or two into the bottom of a plastic cup fill it up with water and tip it over my hair. Then leave for 5 mins and rinse. I add salt in sometimes, prob the same amount as the baking soda. An apple cider vinegar rinse is helpful after to. Just a capful in the bottom of a cup filled up with water as a final rinse :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no u gotta mix then use

baking soda when mixed with water very quickly degrades into gasses thats part of how it clkeans

mix 1/3 cp per gallon add any esential oilds u need pour over head (mix it to break up clumps i fill 1/2 way with water reach in swish around feelin for lumps break any up) then fill rest of way up pour over head let soak 10 min or longer

rinse

very important to rinse the baking soda b4 using apple cider vinegar

then mix same ammount or les apple cider vinger and water r less should be less til mature so a capfull or 2 ids fine if yoir oily ..skip it

add sea salyt to help it knot (to the bs)

sea waters 3.5% by volume so calculate 3.5% of a gallon if u do a gallon

SensiScott said:

thanks! i'd like to think so haha

so how do i go about mixing my baking soda/sea salt solution?? do i just mix it all up at once and use as needed? sure would be easiest that way lol

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
welcome to the site, and to dreading brother, i agree with SE on the natural dreadie part(: my exact thoughts(: happy journey and many blessings to you(:
Victoria Buttons
@victoria-buttons
13 years ago
9 posts
happy dreading!
SensiScott
@sensiscott
13 years ago
12 posts
thanks for all the advice and kind words!! i know i have a long way to go and hopefully i can keep with it. i'm sure i'll need some support! haha i am a pretty impatient person, so this will definitely be a test of will
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
ohhyes mister scott, i was a very, very impatient person when i first started out, had a few breakdowns about my hair, but i reached a point where i really understood the process of growing dreads and all this stuff, and it became so much easier, specially with the support i get here from all the dreadies(:
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form