Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Brandy :]
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
I have some rosemary seasoning, if i boil and then strain this, can i use it as a rinse, put it in my wash, or as a spray? or something?? lol
updated by @brandy: 02/14/15 11:25:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

sure can but its very expensive to do it that way..tiny packaging huge markup

i figured out with thyme if i bought the tiny spice pachages it was 200 dollars an ounce if i bought an ounce dry herb from an herb store was like 2-4 dollars an ou=nce

its like weed when u buy by the oundce u get a reasonable deal but by the gram your payimng 2-4 times as much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
most health food stores sell dried herbs in bulk. You can buy a whole canning jar full for as much as you pay for cooking spices in a regular grocery store. Keep in mind, dried herbs loose some of their healing/beneficial properties over time so if it is 10years old it won't do as much for you. Put it in boiling water. Let it steep (make a tea) Use it as a rinse. Rosemary is really good for your head!
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts

just thought id try it this way once :) once i have a job and can buy things myself im sure ill be a kitchen witch making all kinds of herbal stuff for my dreads :D haha I spotted some rosemary in the spice cabinet at my boyfriends house so i thought i would try this for fun. And i seem to have some dandruff issues off and on so maybe this will help with that too!

How much should i put in the water? about a tea bags worth?

@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
hahaha very good SE :) i love relating math to marijuana math.

soaringeagle said:

i figured out with thyme if i bought the tiny spice pachages it was 200 dollars an ounce if i bought an ounce dry herb from an herb store was like 2-4 dollars an ou=nce

its like weed when u buy by the oundce u get a reasonable deal but by the gram your payimng 2-4 times as much

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
I would use that much ...or a little more. Let it steep a long time. At least til it is cool. I usually make teas and let them steep over night. Strain it with a cheese cloth....or even a wash cloth and it is ready to go! Rosemary has been used to darken hair. Your hair is already dark, so it really shouldn't affect the color. But I wanted to give you a heads up on it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the lil tiny jars probly enough for 1 use

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts

thankyou guys for the tips! :) im about to make it now and wash tomorrow! im pretty excited, now since this is a rinse, do i dump it on my hair after washing and thats that like a leave-in thing? or let it sit and rinse out afterwards?

and taye i was actually looking for something that will lighten or darken my hair! my roots are coming in ( my hair is naturally a dirty dishwater blonde/lightbrown color..lol sometimes even looks a lil grey) so i was looking for something to either lighten or darken it to kinda blend the two colors.

@brandy
13 years ago
106 posts
me toooooo! i go through like 2 boxes every week and a half or so.lol

Iroc said:

At a health food store, you should find essential oils.

There cheap and they last for 4-6 months.

I spend more money on Baking soda than the rosemary oil I have.

cody1886
@cody1886
13 years ago
97 posts
Bahahahahaha that's true

soaringeagle said:

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form