Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dandruff shampoos and dreads the real truth

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ok i just had to ban a total idiot asshole cause he became very abusive when i corrected him

he recomended some dandruff shampoo with some chemical crap prysomething zinc and claimed that if it did not contain this medicine it will not work (wich we all know is false)

all dandruff shampoos are heavily conditioning and cause residue

the medicated ingredients are only part of the reason they work they also condition the scalp and hair making it "managable" meaning tangle resistant!

there is not a dandruff shampoo made thats really dread safe, now thats not to say you cant get away with using them if:

1. you use them rarely or
  2. your dreads are very mature or
  3. you have that kinda hair that will dread even if your conditioning daily

now another thing this troll like jerk freaked out about was that we recomend herbs and claim they work

well many of us have gotten rid of dandruff very effectivley even more effectively then when using prescription even experimental dandruff reatments

baking soda

exfoliates removing the dry layer of skin making the scalp and hair super clean (but li dry and alkaline)

teatree oil

treats bacterial causes of dandruff and scalp issues is the strongest anticeptic there is

rosemary oil (or herb) has been used thousands of years to trweat dandruff even more effectively then teeatree

pepermint im not sure of its dandruff treatment qualities (need to look it up) but soothes itches leaving the scalp tingly and refreshed

acv

light conditioner (so use with care till mature)

restores acidic ph ballance needed ffor healthy scalp

col water final rinse

helps keep dandruff from returning longer

this treatment helps psoriasis too and most scalp problems

very rare ppl have had problemsd from this so experiment and discontinue =if you do

if you do teatree dr brionners with rosemaery added works almost as well

or

pepermingt bronners with teatree and rosemary

if added conditioning is needed johjoba works wonders

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 08:15:11AM
Mary3
@mary3
13 years ago
16 posts
I am solid support for your case lol Happen to be one of those people who gets dry itchy skin, including dandruff, right as winter hits and then at the end of winter again/early spring.. weird and annoying.. anyway.. point is that I have used head and shoulders out of desperation in the past and it always left my head feeling so tender and definitely medicated.. not good.. I have had the best results with the herbs mentioned above! So nice! I also got some Dessert Essence Tea Tree poo and sometimes add a little bit of rosemary to it, or the Dr. Bronner's. So that in combo with the BS and essential oil wash (when I have time) work really well. In the early stages I got frequent itchies and so I used Rosemary or peppermint tea as a scalp sprtiz which was amazing. But I have not had issues with this lately :) The dandruff is actually just getting better and going away completely, and my scalp is getting healthier than it has ever been. Chemical treatments just mask the issue, so if you stop using them then the problem not only comes back, but it can be much worse. Yep. Long winded way for me to say, thanks for the info and I totally agree.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i had the worse scalp from hell i used every version of head and shoulders and it was still extremely bad i went to dermentologists got many prescriptions and still was bad (litteraly my scalp was colmming off in bloody chunks)

i tried experimental creams that stunk so bad i lost a job

then i found this system and no more itch no more flakes super healthy scalp ..total reliefe after years of agony

ive tried the tar shampoos ive tried ..well theres nothing i didnt try

at the very best id get partial releif a day or 2

now with this i can go 6 days b4 getting itchy so i wash every 3-4 and feel great

--
Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts

lol you definitely don't *NEED* zinc or any chemical made soaps to control dandruff OR itching, I've learned to control mine with just peppermint and tea tree oil in a lavendar or peppermint soap, and I haven't had an issue with dandruff in almost two years now, thanks in mostly part to different washing recommendations off this site.

simply learn the right proportions to use wash your hair with, (it's not difficult or rocket science) and you're gonna be fine.

Sean Jones
@sean-jones
13 years ago
14 posts

Yeah there are a ton of effective treatments that don't contain the zinc. Everyone SHOULD know this.

I prefer to treat the scalp directly and personally use Urielpure Best Dreds

I recommend it to everyone that I have a dread discussion with.

The guy got that angry when you corrected him? In places like Hong Kong the first person to lose their temper is seen as losing an argument. I find this to be true usually.

Peace,

SJ

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha and yea that happens alot

i'll have to remember that :)

--
Flâneur Cerodieciséis
@flneur-cerodiecisis
11 years ago
2 posts

Thank you for the information, but how exactly do you use all of this stuff?
...I'm having dandruff and itchy

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

best thing to use teatree and rosemary cold not hot water

the teareee srosemary bar from www.dradlockssite.com prohly is the best out there

how are u washing now and how odten

--
Flâneur Cerodieciséis
@flneur-cerodiecisis
11 years ago
2 posts

I'm washing it every two days with a natural shampoo made of ginseng but in the second day I have a lot ofitchy and dandruff, the point is that I don't want to use chemical products...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

yea u want to avoid chems especialy dandruf shampoos

id try the www.dreadlockshampoo.com teateee rosemary bar..and stop using hot water

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form