Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Oh so joyful!!! Some advice!?

Sierra Sterling
@sierra-sterling
13 years ago
2 posts

Two days in and my curly hair is separating and getting all nappy.

I couldn't help it though, I found a curl in back that was just begging to dread and so I twisted and ripped it to a full beautiful dread. I've done two more this way and they are so pretty. I'm finding it very difficult not to finish off the rest of my head this way.

I want to leave them alone though and let them dread all by themselves with the exception of separating them occasionally.

Any advice or just words of encouragement to keep my hands away from my head.

updated by @sierra-sterling: 01/13/15 09:00:40PM
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

There's nothing wrong with T & R. If you want to give it a go then you should! If you're wanting natural/neglect dreads and just finding it difficult to remain patient, just forget you have hair and throw on a tam :o) Either way it will be a while before you have dreads. Best of luck and Many Blessings

Lou Lou
@lou-lou
13 years ago
28 posts
I was the same the first couple of days. I twisted and ripped a couple in but now I've left my hair it's only been a week and 2 days and the rest of it is seperated and just as knotty as the t n r bits. Your hair, your choice but it happens way quicker than you expect. Good luck on your dready journey :) x
Sierra Sterling
@sierra-sterling
13 years ago
2 posts

Thank you all! As simple as it was, it was exactly what I needed to hear!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

get 5 of these lock akll your fingers together

keep em that way i bet ya dread in weeks

its already tryin just let it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Ugh!! I so get ya!! I wish I'd found this site before I backcombed!! I probably would have T n R, and then still I'd have wished I went natural!! Best to you whichever you choose!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form