Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

greasy hair..

Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
ok heres the thing i've had dreads for about 3 weeks. i left my bangs undreaded and i have very thin, soft hair. so the hair that is not dreaded get greasy very fast but obviously i'm not going to over wash the rest of my head for just that little section. so what should i do? could i just rinse my hair under water with out any cleaning products or what not, just to get the dirt and unwanted oils out?
updated by @nikkiryan: 02/14/15 09:44:06AM
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts

You will hear a bunch of different things you can do, so I'll just put in my 2 cents $$....I have the same issue, my head gets greasy really quickly (in like 2-3 days). I started using the baking soda rinse, followed my the ACV rinse. I also add in rosemary and tea tree because my head dried out so much that I had crazy flakes. I only use a few drops of the essential oils because I get so greasy so quickly. No more dandruff and my head does not get as greasy as quickly as it used to. I wash about every 3 days and don't worry about washing so often...the cleaner the better.

Happy Journies

Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
thanks you so much! it been bothering me for awhile now. i'll try what you did and see how it works, hopefully my hair will get better.
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts
Fancy Amanda is right, a lot of this is trial and error. There are so many natural hair products and finding what works best for you might not be the same as the next person. I have a friend who uses head and shoulders all the time and loves it. To each his/her own.
G_
@g
13 years ago
18 posts

my hair stopped getting greasy when i stopped using shampoo

just water, thats all i use, so i would start their, the simplest solution is usually the best one

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

greasy hairs already acidic so skip the acv just baking soda

and washing less slowly adding thyme

greasy hairs greasy cause u always wash out all the oils .. the scalp freaks out and produces more the less u wash out the poils the less oils it produces

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
runawayjosh
@runawayjosh
13 years ago
32 posts

Nikkiryan,

I tried using the baking soda rinse only, but it left my hair feeling very dry. So just like most things with getting knotty you are going to have to take all this info. and experiences, try them out and find what works best for you.

taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
You are mainly worried about the un-dreaded bangs getting greasy right? why don't you just wash them and not the rest of your hair? Try wetting just your bangs in the sink, using a small amount of soap or shampoo and rinsing them out in the sink. Keep the dreaded part pulled back so it won't get soapy.
grawnya murphy
@grawnya-murphy
13 years ago
2 posts
hey yeah i have dreads a year and a half ...i didnt dread my fringe/bangs ....i have really greasy hair after a day even ...not so much my dreads though ...i usualy wash my fringe with normal shampoo under the tap every second day and then the dreads whenever they need doing :)
Nikkiryan
@nikkiryan
13 years ago
7 posts
aright well i'll try these different methods. my hair/ head is very difficult. my hair gets greasy but my scalp is always dry so we will see what works out best. for now though i'll just wash my bangs in the sink until i find something else where they won't get so greasy so fast. thank you everyone
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form