Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Need opinions!

Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts

OK...so....since I used wax to start my first set of dreads, I choose to comb them out and start over.

I've got my hair already mostly combed out, but combing out the dreads has left me with about 1/2 of my hair. Now it is very thin, and I am wondering: Should I just cut it about 3 inches long and start over? I do look good with short hair. Heck, I could even probably pull off a buzz cut. OR....should I go ahead with my plans, which is to braid my hair all over my head with those small Bo Derek braids, put beads on the tips, and then just let it do its thing? I have the patience for that, I just wonder with how thin my hair is, will it even look good? Which is why I am contemplating cutting it about 3 inches (about the length of hair growth that wasn't dreaded) and starting all over that way?

Short dreads are cute, I think too. If I did cut it all off and go the 3 inches route, how should I do the dreads? Would braids work best for short hair? Or TnR or neglect?

Help!!! I miss my dreads and I NEED THEM BACK! lol I'm sure you understand! TIA!

updated by @michelle-hallett: 02/14/15 09:14:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i wouldnt braid id go neglect or tnr but the hair loss wont matte r too much

how longs it now?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts

my hair is now almost to the middle of my back.

And very thin. Like I had chemo or something. Which is why I want to cut it.

Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts
And I want to add, it grows very very very fast, so I'm really not all that worried about cutting it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

lets see a picture

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i agree a week or 2 with some conditioning to bring em back to life then go a gentle way

probly trim the ends at least

--
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts
of my hair now? The length you mean? Or the sad thinness? lol I might have to privately send it to you. It's sadly thin.

soaringeagle said:

lets see a picture

Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts
How did you TnR wrongly, and what is the right way? I do NOT want to do this the wrong way ever again. This has been quite the process!

Sacha said:

IMHO, I think your hair needs a mini vacation. Some relax & recovery from the waxy situation it was previously in. lol! Personally, I would not braid it. 1)Like what SE commented 2) frompersonal experience it's not good. I had TnR'd a fewsections of my neglect but did it completely wrong.They came out like knotty braids. I hadthem for a couple of days&they hurt so badly. I took them out, let my hair and scalp recouperate for a few days, then ITnR the correct way.With a little patience& a relapse of memory(forgettingabout"the dread journey")they're coming out great.

So, allow your hair to mini vacay til you feel comfortable then trim it down a bit to get that healthy vibe going and decide if you want Neglect/Natural or TnR. ;o)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ok send it private then :)

--
Michelle Hallett
@michelle-hallett
13 years ago
24 posts
OK, I will in a few hours. Look for it!