Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

About to start dreading but have some concerns....

Gene Hart
@gene-hart
13 years ago
10 posts

ok, i have my 100% aloe vera gel.

i will wash my hair thoroughly with it.

then i will section my hair with dread bands and twist rip n backcombe n stuff with a nit combe.

then i will remove the bands.

sound good? am i missing anything?

what im concerned about is my hair can get a bit greasy at times, when i wash my hair do i rinse it with water and use the aloe vera gell all the time?

and i also have mild dandruff which can get bad and irritating at times, any solutions for this? i can imagine a really bad itch with newly dreaded hair will be frustrating.

thank you for any help.

updated by @gene-hart: 01/13/15 09:00:33PM
Earth Rose
@earth-rose
13 years ago
38 posts
My hair is VERY VERY dreaded, as well as dirty, so saying dirty hair wont dread, is not a statement of truth. I'm a little under two years all natural, and I have always washed my hair every couple of months. My knots are tight as hell, hard as rocks!

fancyAmanda said:

You don't wash your hair with aloe vera, you can use it to tame frizzes. Don't wash with it. Use a baking soda/water mixture, then rinse with ACV. Here's a recipe: http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for

You can use rubber bands to section, as long as you take them out after. Just twist & rip OR backcomb... people usually do one or the other. No idea what you mean by "stuff with a nit comb". I'd suggest skipping all of that and letting you hair go natural for a few weeks... it'll form more natural sections so you're not forcing hair into sections. This may result in dreads splitting down the line.

As I said, only use aloe vera if you need to tame your hair down a bit, but use sparingly. By doing the BS/ACV wash you can mix in essential oils which help with dandruff. Read the thread that I linked to. Also, your hair may be greasy now but as you progress it will become less and less. Just remember to wash whenever you feel you need to -- clean hair dreads, dirty hair doesn't. Best of luck.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,639 posts

ok clean hair dreads better any hair dreads but it dreads the most right after u wash

andf yea dont wash with aloe or your just gonna have straight very conditioned hair hardly ever use aloe only like if u have a weedding..or if theyre real dry once mature

use sea salt in your baking soda to gert it to dread fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
I have helped 4 of my friends get dreads, all done with T and R and backcomb and all they do is wash. They now have healthy locs
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form