Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Natural dreading!

AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts

Hey everybody! my name is Eric and are currently doing the "natural" way for dreads, which has definitely been the easiest and most rewarding way to achieve dreads that ive seen.

in the past, I had a friend backcomb some wanna be locks a couple years ago, but after the first wash, they started to fall apart, so i just combed them all out and just a little over a month ago i started doing it the natural way.

Ive already seen some results in the dreading process. it feels great to see them form right infront of me without doing anything!

i had been using the "knotty boy" dread soap for shampoo, but just recently switched to Dr Bronners peppermint and LOOOOOOOOOOVE it. Along with the Dr bronners, ive been using sea salt spray, which seems to help out a lot as well. Does anybody else have any other suggestions? i know there are a lot of sections on this page that have a ton of info and i will continue checking everything here out! Nice to be here!

..Oh ya, here's a picture of my reaction when I found this website! haha

updated by @alwaysbyourself: 01/13/15 09:00:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha that picture crax me up :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kare T
@kare-t
13 years ago
83 posts

Whatup eric, wise words and decision on going neglect. it should be afunexperience =)

as for thesite. LOADS OF INFO, enjoy diggin around.

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

lol funny pic

Be careful with dr bronners. I bought some about a month ago and the ph balance is really off with that stuff, so now its kinda just sitting there, unused :s But it seems to work well for some people. Still haven't found a shampoo I like though, so I guess I'm not much help haha

Anyway welcome, and enjoy the journey.

Elise4
@elise4
13 years ago
8 posts
Hi! I am just 5 days into natural dreads and the wind has helped me a lot. I go out and turn my head upside down and shake my hair around.Of course my hair is waist length so it has tangled quickly.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
welcome to the site! Love the pic, it made me giggle! Wool tams are great, bandanas to keep your hair outta your eyes are fun, wool sweaters over a pillow if no wool tam is good to I hear, otherwise enjoy the ride :)
Susanne Gorman
@susanne-gorman
13 years ago
19 posts
I too love the pic! Sounds like you are on the way to nice natural dreads:).....The seasalt spray is works well for me too. Welcome!
AlwaysByourself
@alwaysbyourself
13 years ago
17 posts
I have been rolling the windows down in my car and letting it blow my hair like crazy, but it seems like that may be a little too much wind. haha, the left side of my head doesnt appear to be as knotted anymore. Ive got the BS mix, that ill probably use later on in the week. still havent tried the ACV yet though. I have been using Dr bronners for a little over a week now and have only seen positive results and it feels amazing. im still gonna try a bunch of other things and look around for new ideas! :)
Thanks everyone for the support! before when i had dreads, all i hadaround me were "real life" people and pretty much all of them wanted me to get rid of them, including my girlfriend at the time(which I told her no, haha). im not easily influenced, cause i dont give a fuuck what people say about me, especially physical appearance.
Thanks again everybody!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form