Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just started

Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Ok so I just started and my locs are still just twist. Is it bad to keep the rubberbands at the bottom of them?
updated by @miko: 01/13/15 09:00:26PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yess take the rubber bands off right away!!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
But how will I get them to hold form. I want them very precise

soaringeagle said:
yess take the rubber bands off right away!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
they will hold together anything that holds..like wax and gels and gunks..prevents dreading they gotta be free to move to dread..and what do u mean by precise?

--
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Very similar in shape and size and I want the section to hold

soaringeagle said:
they will hold together anything that holds..like wax and gels and gunks..prevents dreading they gotta be free to move to dread..and what do u mean by precise?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u already defined the sections and started em now all there is to do is give em time to dread

--
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts
SE is right. If all your sections are the same size, the dreads will be too. Just let em do their thing and don't retwist unless they fall apart completely. I think if you can avoid overtwisting in the beginning (this is just my theory of course) you can avoid over twisting all together because you won't be in that mindset, and over twisting will result in thinning and breakage. you definitely don't want that, right?
Miko
@miko
13 years ago
27 posts
Not at all I'm just a perfectionist lol

Lu A said:
SE is right. If all your sections are the same size, the dreads will be too. Just let em do their thing and don't retwist unless they fall apart completely. I think if you can avoid overtwisting in the beginning (this is just my theory of course) you can avoid over twisting all together because you won't be in that mindset, and over twisting will result in thinning and breakage. you definitely don't want that, right?
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

how long is your hair?

I ask because the shorter your hair is when you start the more uniform your dreads end up being. At least, that is what i've noticed. my hair is the craziest, wildest, loopiest afro-textured hair i've seen so far (when it comes to new dreads anyway, still don't know how they'll turn out :D) but I started at around 10 inches. If your hair is 3 or shorter and the sections are all the same size you want have to do much at all to get that uniform look you want.

If they're longer I suggest putting in some two strand twists and calling it a day :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form