Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP THINNING DREAD!

Asko
@asko
13 years ago
6 posts
Hey Dreads, i have a dread that is thinning, i really don't do much to my dreads, the only thing i do is palm roll them when i wash them with knotty boy shampoo,and i find that on some part of that dread there are no more hair!, m really freaking out. i jst started moisturize them with the knotty boy moisturizer. Is it thining because of the shampoo? the fact that the weather here is really dry?, i mean i wash them once a week and thats about all i do to them, is there something i can do to regrow my hair? thanx so much Bless!
updated by @asko: 01/13/15 08:59:55PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
Is the dread thinning at the root? or is the dread thinning in the middle?
Asko
@asko
13 years ago
6 posts
its thinning at the root...i palm roll them when i wash them, palmroll from the roots down, maybe thats y?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea dont palm roll hairs most fragile when wet..

i never palm rolled in my life.. andwhen wet thats when theyre most fragile

most problems come from wht u do not what u not do..except.. them growing together..if ya wanna keep em apart keep em apart..if i dont care let em grow together...if they get too fat they may cause issues so migght not wanna let em get too fat..

umm hope u didnt use wax right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Asko
@asko
13 years ago
6 posts
ok thx SE, i was told that when wet was the "best" time to palm roll, m gonna go and kick this guy in the head now lol...i have a corporate work so i do have to keep it clean and so its tied up in a bun for the day. I will stop palm rolling them though and see what happens and just keep them separated. No i do not use wax at all, have never and will never, i have really curly hair and to get them done i just sectioned them at the time using a string and just tied it around the amout of hair i wanted to create the section and just let it knot and keep them separated from other locks, started palm rolling after a few months that the hair started to lock up...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

well its "best" in that its more easily molded but also more easily damaged thats why wets easiest to rip the conecting hairs wet

saturated in the shower would be when theyre weakest

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RBN
@rbn
13 years ago
50 posts
I also have the same problem. I also palmroll a little bit from time to time. Maybe once a month. I'm going to stop palmrolling and see if that helps. Reply to this in a few months to say whether your dreads are back to normal or not.
Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
13 years ago
40 posts
I found the way I wear my hair was the main factor of thinning. I think the shampoo matters as well because the more I used it my hair thinned as well, but more so i wonder if putting your hair up and back for long periods matters. It did for me at school. My front dreads really thinned because I always had my hair back and the pull kept the outside hairs from attaching to the dread. I would try when not at work to let them down more and where a tam more. Where on your head does the thinning occur or is it all around your head? I think the way we wear our hair most it reacts to that style.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form