Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Let's try this again..

Marcus Gibbs
@marcus-gibbs
13 years ago
16 posts

I have had a dry scalp since way before I started neglect dreads. It's been over a year now and it was at its clearest when I started. Now things are starting to really dry out again and get very sensitive. Especially around the front of my hairline it really shows. I generally use BS/ACV wash once a week, twice if needed. Other than that I really take no maintenance to my hair or scalp. I attached a photo to help you get the idea, it's small but anything easy I can do to at least minimize this problem? It doesn't itch or bother me much, just the urge to pick at it is terrible! and I know that only makes it worse.

Any help?

Thanks.

updated by @marcus-gibbs: 01/13/15 08:59:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do the bs/acv 2x a week try it a lil stronger

add teatree rosemary and pepermint oils

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
RBN
@rbn
13 years ago
50 posts

Looks like Psoriasis. The way I deal with mine is add 8 to 10 drops of tea tree oil to the wash and after a few minutes under warm-hot water I can just rub the flaky skin away with fingers. Also moisturiser helps for a few hours. Also mine isn't as bad during the summer because of the strong sun.

Hope this helps

Marcus Gibbs
@marcus-gibbs
13 years ago
16 posts
alright will try letting the BS stay on longer.. should I "scrub" it into my scalp with my fingers much?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dont i just add more bs when its vbad making it stronger how much bs are u using

per how much water

--
Marcus Gibbs
@marcus-gibbs
13 years ago
16 posts
i just have a small bucket that i pour very little BS in my opinion then fill it up with water and dumb it on my head. a little light scrubbing/messaging and I rinse after 5 min or so. then ACV the same way and rinse with warm then cold water.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

use more bs

would u say u use enough to cover the bottom of the bucket?

i use a foot tall pitcher bout 6-7 inch base

and put about 1/4 inch deep on the bottom

and no need to scrub

sounds like u could use to make it much stronger

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form