Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
13 years ago
17 posts
I love being in the woods, but I can't deal with the thought of ticks possibly being in my hair.SE I know you spend a lot of time outdoors. Is there anything to repel ticks, or to make sure they are out of your hair if they have gotten there.My sister and I found four ticks on us yesterday after a hike in the woods. I had my dreads braided, with a bandana on, and a hat, but they could still crawl up my back onto my head.I plan on camping as much as possible now that the weather is nice, so please let me know if there is any way to repel ticks.
updated by @alicia-burnit: 02/14/15 03:51:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

eat lotsa garlic

im not sure if teatree helps too but in 21 years i had exactly 3 ticks on me 1 in my bellybutton 1 on my head (those 2 biting) 1 crawling on my arm

at the same time the ppl sitting on either side of me at drum circles would find 15 at a time

so gotta think its diet and maybe teatree

diet eat garlic avoid sweets..candy sodas that sorta thing

another bug tip in general in the woods biting bugs like mosquitos and flies will attack u like crazy 1st 2 days out there ..stop using perfumy products even scented tioletpaper when they bite ya put a lil mud on the itch (cools the itch and makes iu smell like the earth) spend alotta time by the fire...get dirty.. the more u smell like the earth not some perfumed up babylonian the more they leave u alone after 2 days u wont get another bite unless u use perfumy soaps or products

again tho the unprocessed foods may have a factor in it too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
I've been using some citronella essential oil in my acv rinses too, that seems to help w Mosquitos. Idk, I have had one tick this spring but it was on my leg.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

neem is another option..parasytes do not like neem seed oil 1 but but ..it hardens at room temp so u might wanna just dab here n there on the scalp

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
you can buy neem oil shampoo bars online or in health food stores. here's one that i found on etsy that sounds good. http://www.etsy.com/listing/63373993/neem-oil-shampoo-bar-ships-naked
Dahlia
@dahlia
13 years ago
30 posts
I live in the middle of the woods, and I never had a tick. Be careful with ticks though my cousin got a tick and then she contracted Lyme disease and swelled up 3 times her size.
Alicia Burnit
@alicia-burnit
13 years ago
17 posts
Okay thanks for the info. guys. Dahlia, that's what I worry about most, is getting lyme disease.
colbi godlove
@colbi-godlove
13 years ago
48 posts
I could imagine myself in the woods covered head to toe in mud. ive done it before lol. i bet ticks wouldnt touch me lol. garlics good on any biting bug almost. just like if you ate a banana they will love your blood, i bet garlic would have a oposite effect. id pick up a jar of pickled garlic... YUMM.. pickled with spicy's.. omg i can over dose on that stuff!
FoxPaw
@foxpaw
13 years ago
114 posts
if you have already been bitten, what are some natural anti- itch remedies?
uoma
@uoma
13 years ago
13 posts

mud :D i use it for mild sunburns as well, also aloe vera

<3 gl to you in your adventrues

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form