Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Garnier Pure Clean

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts

Ok, recently saw a commercial for this shampoo on tv...it claims to be residue-free and mostly natural...has anyone used it, or heard of anyone using it..? if so, with what results..? there aren't really reviews online for it since it's so new...figured here would be the best place to ask...=]

thanks in advance for any answers!

updated by @katie-kendall: 01/13/15 08:59:24PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

havent ..and wouldnt

residues arent as bad as conditioners detanglers ..all that and they pretty much are a salon brand alternative so ids expect them to totaly be anti dread

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

someone asked about this last month. i took a pic of the ingredients list with my phone at the store. i didn't buy it because i wasn't sure. it has a lot of questionable stuff in it.

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/frutis-pure-clean

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts
right, i wont risk it then..thanks..=]
Danielle Young
@danielle-young
13 years ago
6 posts

I know this post seems to be over with already, but I thought I'd add the information for anyone who is still wondering if they should try the product or not.

I actually did a month trial of this shampoo, just because I was curious enough and secure with the amount of locking I have so far. Before this shampoo I just used Dr Bonner's products. I wash my hair 3 times per week (may be a lot for some, but my hair does best with this schedule). When I first started it seemed to work great. I was a little put off by how strong the fragrance was after, because it has to be leaving something to leave the fragrance behind, but i continued none-the-less. Slowly my hair started dulling over time. I do use oils in my hair, but it seemed that I couldn't get it back to the way it used to be. My hair looked depressed to me. I finally started with Dr Bonner again and after the first wash, all these clumps of white things were at the roots after shampooing twice (I usually shampoo once since I do wash frequently). Beneath the white string like things was the shine to my hair. Still a little duller than it was previously, but at least I know the answer. The rest of the bottle of Pure&Clean is going to my daughter. I'm sticking with Dr B, raw honey, raw coconut oil, horsetail rinses, and my oils.

Katie Kendall
@katie-kendall
13 years ago
43 posts
thank-you so much! if i still had any curiosities about it, they're gone now..lol..
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form