Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

eww wax in my dreads! help

Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
So I've had my dreads for a week exactly. I had them twisted and semi backcombed. She didn't do much more than just separate and twist but she did put wax in them! I don't really want the wax after reading about how nasty they are and seeing some of the pics. So my hair is VERY straight and thin. Should I just go shower and try to get it all out? Then what? It already looks like my hair is unraveling at the roots. Is this normal or should I be sad.
updated by @michael-klein: 02/14/15 07:44:56AM
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
A week? I would start over without wax, and you could back comb or tnr and the roots and ends will both be loose until they mature, that's natural...or so I hear :) I would suggest going with neglect, just my opinion though.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

twists with wax would never work in your hair anyway iyt is normal to have loose roots but umm you saids she ..did u pay for this mess? get your money back

combv it out

use extremely hort water (dont burn yourself though) and lots of dawn dish soap scrub tuill u feekl wax free

then either go naural (yes straight hair will dread naturally) or do twist and rip do it yourself never trust a salon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea shes right neglect is the best way ..not fastest but best

id choose tnr(twist n rip) over backcomb thoughj

twists onlly work in kinky african hair and wax never belongs in dreads so id get my money back and educate heer tell her twists are for african hair only and wax is just never good in dreads and she shouldbt charge to do dreads till she learns to do dreads right

--
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
Yeah! Thanks for the advice! I've managed to get almost all of the wax out. She barely used any. Idk if she used it for the stray little hairs or what but my hair has that fluffyness to it once again. I do have another question though! I haven't covered all the site yet but I'm using this 99.44% pure soap on my hair... its drying my hair out really well and I like it BUT I'm pretty sure its drying my scalp out. Should I keep using it and maybe use something else to help my scalp? or is there actually something really good to use that'll have the same dry effect thats better for my hair/scalp?
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
Also I'm reading about what people wash their hair with and stuff... Looks like I'm about to go through some trail and error.. hah Looks like I need some sea salt spray, a wool tam, and find a good component to wash my hair with.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

try either dr broneers or the baking soda deep cleanse

--
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
thanks!
feelin irie
@feelin-irie
13 years ago
10 posts
I wouldet use white vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is what you wanna use alot better on the nose.
Michael Klein
@michael-klein
13 years ago
16 posts
Sounds awesome. I'll have to try that tomorrow. I've been using stupid soap and uhh... yeah... time to use yalls little combination! sounds smarter and healthier. ANNNNDDDDD there is no more wax in my hair! Atleast I don't feel or see any residue. There was only a little applied once so it's mostly gone! Today is going on exactly 2 weeks and I'm actually seeing some locking progression!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form