Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

OMG what is wrong with my head!

Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Alright so I've had my dreads for around 5 months. I'm really happy with them but I have this crazy problem that I haven't even noticed until now. So the dreads on the right side of my head are thinner and there is less of them than on the left side. (above the ears) I feel like it looks weird. I've always layed on the right side of my head could that be effecting anything? Or is it just genetics?
updated by @gabe-mccoy: 02/14/15 05:34:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

its how u sleep 1 sides maturing faster

switch sides

or wear a tam at night

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Hm I will try this, so sleeping on dreads prevents maturity? And could I also just have thinner hair on that side? Cause I actually have less dreads on that side and they're thinner. :/ and if so is there anything I can do to make it grow thicker?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ogh thought u said the thicker ones were on the side u slept on

hmm

i dunno then can u post pics

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
eh I actually don't have access to a camera right now:( I'm thinking about trying some horsetail. what do you think?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm guess u could but i dunno if u shoukd or beed to yet haha. question

are the rootsections bigger or smaller on the side with thinner fewer dreads

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
I think the sections are smaller
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if the sectiomns are smallrr youd have more dreads

its gotta be an optical illusion

think about this

both sides of your head are equal in size unless you have elephantitis or something

equal square inches in surface size

so id 1 sides got 1 square inch dreads at 15 dreads 15 square ins=ches and the other 1/2 square incvh dreadsw thered have to be 2 times as many thinner dreads

devicde the head in 1/2 and count

im sure u will find its more dreads in the thinner side and that it dont reeally matter at all anyway

your probly pannicking over a very small variation

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
I'm pretty sure most people's are the same way. My left side has more hair and so does my hubby's, it's not really noticeable to anyone but ourselves though, I wouldn't worry, i think because yours are so thick you're noticing it more than usual, I'm sure it's no biggie :o)
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
It looks like maybe your hair isn't parted straight down the middle either which would mean more hair on one side of your head, right? Have no idea how/if that would effect the size though.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form