Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I Cut Them Off :(

Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
after only 9 months of dreading i had to cut my dreads off. i can not find work. i have looked high and low and iv had a few employers straight up tell me no job w dreads. they were in the food bussiness so i understand. but sadly they are gone now. surviving and paying my fines to stay out of jail is more importnt. my dreads will always be w me in my heart thoguh lol. and once i get things on track i am going to get them again and i wont us a hook next time lol.
updated by @earth-child: 02/14/15 03:31:48AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

awww sweeety hugs hugs hugs

you'll dread again and if u still cant find a job create a job for yourself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
13 years ago
154 posts
i see why u cut yours off and im not gonna give u any flck for that but if they said they couldnt hire you b/c they are a food buisisness they are liars cuz i work at pizza hut and ive had these dreads since they hired me the first time in 07 so i think they just didnt want u to realize tht they were discriminating against you for your dreads but realistically you are aloud 2 have dreads and work with food. i mean really everyone should wear at hat or helmet in restaurants and i personally think u loose less hair with dreads now if u were applying for like a waitress fancy restauraunt alot of ppl have wrong but opinionated opinions when it comes to dreads so maybe they just were ignorant but its sad that where you live is so damn close minded. sorry you had to see how ignorant some folks can be. but hey its hair and it grows bck and im sure once they see that your a hard worker they wont care how your hair looks. i mean my manager tells me all the time that he dont "get" my hair but he loves having me around cuz im one of the best workers that he has
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
ya they didnt say they couldnt hire they just said they wouldnt hire me. straight descrimantion to the face but i dont want ot work for pple like that ne ways. if i didnt feel like i had to cut them off to get a job i wouldnt have but iv tryed hard and i think this will help me. im also a felon so i need every thing on my side. and dreads wernt helping me out. i will dread again
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would have callred them on it requested to see the companies polocy concerning dreads then went to the higher yuop boss and requested they be fired and you hired to do theyre job

but u should come talk to me soon been too long since we talked

besides ui wanna rub your baldd head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Wow, understandable. It's so hard for a felon to get a job anyways and people will judge you for EVERYTHING! I hope stuff works out for you and finding a job, it sounds like you have your shit straight now. Good job!
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Awww how sad. :( I hope you can dread again soon!
James7
@james7
13 years ago
8 posts
Screw the job, I hope you find passion and survivability performing functions of mind body and soul that bring you peace purpose and prosperity. Had to throw some cheery spiritual optimism in there ;)
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Love it!

James said:
Screw the job, I hope you find passion and survivability performing functions of mind body and soul that bring you peace purpose and prosperity. Had to throw some cheery spiritual optimism in there ;)
Earth Child
@earth-child
13 years ago
35 posts
ya i really wish i could say screw the job and just live. but i really cant do that right now. probation and fines keep me from doing that. its actuwaly a term of my probation that i get a job. i believe in trading for what i need. ill trade work for a place to live or ill clean for food. but that dioesnt pay the bills :(

James said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form