@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

updated by @catherine2: 02/14/15 08:46:29AM
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts
One of my dreads has split in 2? will it go together eventually? Should I put a bead or something on it to hold it together? If I leave it until it grows a bit then try and separate it, would that work? I really don't want to brush it out but I will, if that's the best thing to do. Any advice?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

typical when u force sections instead of usingnatural sections especialy since its kinda large (did u crocket?) it wants to be 2 dreads

u can split it if the root areas too big or u can leave it and let it heal its up to u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts
The idea was to have it sectioned into my natural curls..but alas because I got someone else to back comb, I couldn't see what they were doing. I just trusted that they would follow my wishes. They had a little crocheting to tidy them up after back combing but not the type where they do the whole dread. Its pretty loose, not all tight and weavy. So just leave it? It doesn't bother me at all but I thought I would ask now instead of months down the track..just in case I should do something with it now.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

how big is that root section size

it looks lil big so hard to tell if over an inch id split it

otherwise might as well leave it for now see what it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
looks like 2 sections that don't want to be together:) since they're still new you could probably split them quite easily. its totally normal though. you could just put a bead on it if you don't want to separate it but just make sure the section isn't too big or your going to have one massive dreadlock later.
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts

Hi Heather, how you going? It was actually 3 natural curls all sectioned into 1 dread. I separated them and i will just leave them be now to dread on there own. They are still a little knotted up because I just used a bit of conditioner and pulled the knots apart as gently as I could with my fingers and ripped the bits that I couldn't... It will be interesting to see how they get along, along side the back combed ones, and the twist and rip ones in my fringe. I just wish I had found this site 2 days earlier than I did...All a learning curve though.

Here is a picture of my beautiful new Triplets...lol

updated by @catherine2: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
they look great! you could always t&r them if they start to get eaten by the backcombed ones. wow, they were kind of too far from each other to be one dread anyway. yay for 3 more dread babies:) you should feel around in the back and make sure their aren't anymore jumbo ones back there that might be a problem later. its a lot easier to pull them apart now than later.
Catherine2
@catherine2
13 years ago
23 posts
@ PJ hahaa, Daddy, mumma and baby... too cute! Heather I just had a quick look and feel and found 4 more but they are at the back so I cant do it by myself. I will just leave them and see what they do. Thanks for your help guys :O)
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Yeah, I have about 7 or 8 of them doing the same thing and I don't know why! I tried to seperate one but it's to locked to do anything so I'm just gonna see what happens with them!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form