Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I Caved.....

Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
So, on 27th March, I decided to loose the brush and grow dreads... I stopped brushing and using conditioner. I put a wool sweater on my pillow (kinda itchy) and washed my hair with BS, I also did some sea salt water spray. After two days, it looked like it was starting to section... I was up in the air about whether or not to keep my fringe (was going to keep it), so I ran a fine tooth comb through my it and tucked it out of the way of the parts that were dreading. Even after two days, and all the neglect and whatnot that I was doing to help it get knotty... (Driving with the window down in the car, going out in the windy spring weather.... etc) it was smooth and silky! I was so discouraged, so I TNR'd it... it held really well so I decided that last night I'd do the rest of my head. My friend volunteered to help, we worked for an hour and a half and I now have half a head of baby Tarantula leg dreads. hehe (Their SOOOO cute!) We are going to finish today. After their done, however, I am going to leave them alone (unless some unravel).
updated by @kai-rayne: 02/14/15 03:31:43AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wait..'after all the neglect"? 2 days? you actualy saw progress in 2 days ..yet that wasnt fast enough?

you realize most dont see sectioning for 2 weeks?

and dreads for 2 months?

and you caved after a weekend?

(not bitchin at ya hagha just find it funny how some ppl think 2 days is an excruciating long time haha)

well congrats tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
I know most people don't see anything for 2 weeks... But I even said in the beginning that I didn't have patience to "grow" them. So I just jump started the knotting process. After two and a half days you'd think that my hair would be at least a little tangled, but it wasn't. I don't want to wait a year before I have a style that I've wanted for 15 years. So now I will just let them be, at least now I have a semblance of what they will become instead of just looking unkempt for god knows how long. lol I really do appreciate all the info on this site and the help I have received since joining. This site DID save my dreads... I was going to do the salon/wax thing. Glad I didn't! :)

soaringeagle said:

wait..'after all the neglect"? 2 days? you actualy saw progress in 2 days ..yet that wasnt fast enough?

you realize most dont see sectioning for 2 weeks?

and dreads for 2 months?

and you caved after a weekend?

(not bitchin at ya hagha just find it funny how some ppl think 2 days is an excruciating long time haha)

well congrats tho

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

glad u didnt too but 2 and 1/2 days it would be amazing to get 1 tangkle u couldnt even notice

ya wouldnt have had to wait a year most likely..in most cases a couple months woulda done it.

in all my life ive only seen a very very small number have tangles in 2 days

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
Even just small tangles? My kids get tangles in less than 12 hours of no brushing. lol My hair was like I had just conditioned it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

and yas think it would stay that way for weeks/

some oppl tangle fast others not so but 2 days is like a rediculousely short time to expect to see anything (except the sun rissing and setting, but then again the earths spinning at a thousand miles an hour)

its all perspective.. if your a fruite fly 2 days is 2 generations you..andd your parents lived an entire lifetime in those 2 days

if your a tree 20 years is like nothing

but idf your hair

2 days without combing ..is what..forgetting to comb 1 time?

a drunk weekend where u woke uop hungover and didnt wanns be bothered

if u made it to 2 weeks u woulda seen something at least

you know you can go 2 months without eatting and be fine?

you can go 3 days without drinking a sip

u can go 10 days without sleep and be fine

if u can do allthst id think it wouldnt be too hard to go 2 weeks without combing haha

(i have a famouse great uncle who actualy went 78 days without eatting)

patience isnt something u are born with its something u excersize..u gain it by making yourself have it

if every fibre of your being wants a pizza but you force yourself to not eat for 2 weeks then treat yourself ..you gain patience

--
Kai Rayne
@kai-rayne
13 years ago
72 posts
I can appreciate that insight. I guess I'll learn patience as my dreads mature then. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea u do learn 1 way or another :)

--
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

i wonder why people think it takes patience to leave your hair alone? I am a pretty patient person but I would never have the patience to spend 12 or more hours backcombing my hair. I guess it's about waiting to see results? I dunno...

edit> BTW not directed at the OP or anyone in particular just something I've been wondering about lol!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i wonder that too ppl act like the hardestthing in the world is to do nothing at all

waitting never mattered to me since i never need to know what day or month it is so times really meanningless

waiting and living were just the same thing..i didnt have to wait as long as i was alive i was dreading ..moving forward omthe right path..pure and simople

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form