Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

kinda wool beenie

Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
I have read that a wool tam or hat really helps, I have a 30% wool 70% acrylic beenie, that fits kinda tight, shoudl I wear this to help. It seems like every time I wash it sets me back a few days, i try and wash every 3-4 days, and right beofre I wash it its getting very frizzy and locks are forming, but after it looks like I set it back a few days, its still progress, but I think i will start aiming for washing once a week. I have made progress, as you can see in my pictures, new pix every week.
updated by @maximilian: 01/13/15 08:58:37PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i wear both wool and acrylic hats and find they both do about the same when it comes to knotting. i did find that when i wear a more fitted hat that i get better results than a baggy tam. if you look at eyeheartchrist on youtube he wears beanies and has awesome dreads. i wouldn't wear them all the time but a few hours in a beanie would probably be good for locking. you just want to make sure you separate your locks after to avoid one mondo dread.
Maximilian
@maximilian
13 years ago
62 posts
thanks a lot! ya I have natural ringlets so i think I will get nice skinny ones.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
lootta ppl find pulling on tight hats undo knots thats why the looser tams are more recomended

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
I stopped wearing hats and bandannas four days ago and I've seen super-fast progress since. Letting it go free seems best for me, but I have super-curly hair that begged to dread before I even decided to.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form