Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The effects of chlorine on dreads?

Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
13 years ago
30 posts
Its' almost summer and the weather is getting hotter! I'm concerned about the effect of chlorine on my dreads, should I be?

updated by @marcus-nappy: 01/13/15 08:58:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

after going in chlorine your hair will be alkaline the baking sodawill make it extra alkaline so instead of doing a bs/acv after swinmming in chlorine try an acv/bs/acv so you set the ph back to acidic rthen back alkaline and back acidic

im not sure its nesacary but i saw a poolhead hair discussion on baking soda and acv and it warned against bs after chlorine but said acv was a good idea

however it didnt take into account that u do acv adfter bs it resets the ph

however

when u add 2 alkalines 1 acid

the 2 add to eachother top make it more alkaline so doing the chlorine then bs then acv you still might be on the alkaline to nutral side instead of slightly acidic like hair should be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Marcus Nappy
@marcus-nappy
13 years ago
30 posts
Ha ha that sounds complicated. I didn't know the order of BS/acv was important:S I've only done it a few times and I think I did it the other way around:S

soaringeagle said:

after going in chlorine your hair will be alkaline the baking sodawill make it extra alkaline so instead of doing a bs/acv after swinmming in chlorine try an acv/bs/acv so you set the ph back to acidic rthen back alkaline and back acidic

im not sure its nesacary but i saw a poolhead hair discussion on baking soda and acv and it warned against bs after chlorine but said acv was a good idea

however it didnt take into account that u do acv adfter bs it resets the ph

however

when u add 2 alkalines 1 acid

the 2 add to eachother top make it more alkaline so doing the chlorine then bs then acv you still might be on the alkaline to nutral side instead of slightly acidic like hair should be

Jannick Nielsen
@jannick-nielsen
13 years ago
1 posts
Just the knowledge i was looking for, wondered for some time now if chlorine in my hair would be really unnatural and bad :P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form