dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Tips/Roots Discussion

Matt Hunt
@matt-hunt
13 years ago
8 posts

Hey Guys-

I've been a fan of this site for some time now- but have just now gotten around to making a profile and posting. I appreciate all of the insightful conversation I've seen thus far.

The area that is of greatest concern with my two month old dreads is first the tips. While most of them are pretty solid all the way to the tip, there are others that seem to be of the same consistency that my hair was BEFORE I started dreading them- and I'm not quite sure how to repair this. I was considering backcombing the small area (sometimes up to an inch of hair), but I don't want to risk damaging the dread that has already started to lock up. Tips?

Also- I know I've read on here a bunch that the majority seems to believe that if you just leave your roots alone, they will dread themselves. I had my hair sectioned and backcombed when I started them, and over the last two months it has started to grow out (my hair grows pretty quick). I wash every three days or so with Dr. Bronners, and occasionally rub the roots- but am wondering about how long your new growth is before it starts to dread? I see some white dudes (like myself) with roots that somehow appear to be dreaded to just about a centimeter from their scalp, which I think is a good look. I also see others who have inches of new growth with no dreading going on- and this is what I'm trying to avoid.

Thanks guys~~

MH

updated by @matt-hunt: 01/13/15 08:58:29PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1 you do not want them dreaded to the tips! blunt tips dry 5 times slower

do nothing to the tips at all and hope they have at least an inch undreaded

2 do not rub the roots

your at 2 months at 2 months your going to have 1-3 inches loose at the roots this is normal and nesacary by the time theyee mature it will be about a centimeter

the only diference betwreen the 2 examples was how old they are

just leave the roots and the tips alone

only wash and seperate

and wait

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form