Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Jobs and keeping your dreads

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

Well I have been searching for a job since the second week of February. I have gone on a number of interviews, enjoying each of them. Turning down one offer due to its location and driving distance. I did wear my dreads up, photo is below. The job is as an oral/maxial facial surgeon assistant. I have always been pretty confidante and like I said enjoy interviewing...soooo that comes across. I start next week and will still work a day or two at my other job at the sporting good store. I was beginning to think that I may have to cut my dreads off in order to get the job I want, the pay I want and location I want. Well I may be just lucky, but every thing fell in to place today. So for those of you out there who may be thinking of cutting their dreads off, may be hold out a little longer, be confidante in presenting yourself during your interviews. Well I then went home and made Tiramisu, which I plan to take into my other job.

peace

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

congrats on the new job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

Hi Kellokiki,

Yes I was a DDS assistant many years ago, endo and loved the surgery part of endo. Then I worked also up front and then manager of a DDS office.In that field in one way or another for 13 years. I took ten years off to go into real estate. Which as we all know bombed out, me with it. Soooo I decided to get back into the DDS field in one way or another. I have been applying for either the front end, which I know very well or assistant to an oral surgeon, which I would have to be trained. I did not go after general DDS or ortho assistant. Here in Michigan every job available has a high turn out of apps. DDS is the same. I was worried about being on the older side and top that off with my dreads. It took me about a month to get this job. I interviewed with 11 possible positions, turning down one that offered me a job, due to location. Out of the rest, I would say that I would only accept about 3 DDS positions if I was offered the job. I pretty much interview them as they do me and I am picky when it comes to where I work.

DDS assistant is always a good field to fall back on. I have always like it.

OH!! The tiramisu did turn out good. My fellow workers all like it, at the sporting good store. The DDS office ask me if I was going to bring in cookies...so I am looking for a great cookie recipe for my first day of work there..

peace and enjoy your evening

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

Thanks Knottysleeves.

enjoy your evening

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form