Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

how much separating should you be doing in the beginning?

shannan
@shannan
13 years ago
38 posts
it's been a week and half since I last combed my hair and most of the hiar in the back is knotted and tangly. my concern is that I dont want it to just be one big tangled mess but I dont want to mess with it if that's just the normal process. somy question is how much separating of the hair should I be doing. i've definitely lost a lot of length already in the back
updated by @shannan: 01/13/15 08:58:18PM
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
when i started with my natural journey i was separating almost daily because i was always worried about congos. fast forward six months and i've learned that i was basically undoing any progress i was having. i separate now about twice a month. with my soft, slow knotting hair at this point a congo would be a welcome site. i wouldn't worry too much. it takes a while to really get some knots so tight they're going to be almost impossible to separate. someone on the boards told me not to separate in a mirror because it causes you to over think it and do too much. now i just separate by feel while watching t.v. a whole lot easier and i don't have to look in the mirror at my dreaded mess:)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

seperate as much as u need to maintain control but as lil as u canm get away with

try weekly

but if yours locks up sdo fast u may need more often

theres can go a month or so

just anytime a sections too big or 2 are combining into 1 too big

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form