Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

question about dread beads

john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
I bought. A pack of dread beads the other day and it said large and medium. Beads. When the package came in I opened. Them up n the large size was still crazy small. Im going to attach a pic. One of the small bead large bead what they are compared. To in size and what size I want my dreads to be of or thicker. (Compared size pencil, size I want my dreads sharpie marker.)What size bead would u say the marker is? Do I have to make them my own for that big?Thank you any answers would help alot
updated by @john-kopfle: 01/13/15 08:58:13PM
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts

Some listings on Ebay and Etsy will list the holes in inches like 1/4", 1/2" and so on. I noticed that when I was shopping for beads! Also, check out some bead shops in your area. Ya might be surprised of what you'll find!

I got my most recent bead on Shakedown Street at the Philly Furthur show. It's a glass bead and one hole is slightly larger than the other but I was shopping for a bead for one of my larger dreads!

john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
Yeah I think ill check out some craft stores or what ever. But yeah I got these off of etsy.com couldn't really find any fat boys off of there. Ill prob just try n make my own that way its more me.
Miguel
@miguel
13 years ago
6 posts

screw beads bro they're a waste of time. I bought 2 really cool beads, they fit perfect but a month later i lost it. It fell out somewherebetweenmy friends couch and my house. Oh well.

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I had bought some wood beads that didn't fit my dreads so I took a power drilland made them bigger myself....Easy peasy.
Doogie
@doogie
13 years ago
321 posts
Yeah, Knottysleeves is right! Listings say small, medium or large but are implying the size of the bead its self not the holes! Some listings will give the hole diameter in mm and sometimes in inches as I stated before. Knottysleeves makes some really cool peyotee stitches and I already bought one from her and looking towards another here in a few months. Look her up on Etsy! If ya's happen to get a bead or sleeve and the hole is to big, then see if ya can combine 2 dreads together!
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form