Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Concerning the use of rubberbands.

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
K i know we all reccomend against rubberbands but there is this one baby dread in particular that i wanted to use one on. I seperated it from its brother couple months back cause they looked a lil huge together, but as they have grown longer i see now they are literally meant to be together. They are joined at the root again i think but not the tip. Would it be best to use one on the tips then?
updated by @thundersquall: 02/14/15 09:15:38AM
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Use a bead instead...rubberbands aren't good for ANY hair.
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
13 years ago
155 posts
if it wants to be together it will dread back together on its own, all it takes is time
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
wrap it with some hemp in an X pattern, it works wonders, trust me!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

let it join at the roots not the tips

do not use a rubber band ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
UUURP
@uuurp
13 years ago
20 posts
yup rubberband wont do anything its gotta happen at the root
Vincent G
@vincent-g
13 years ago
11 posts
I used rubber bands a few times and it worked all fine!
Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

I'm probably going to get lynched for this but......all of my dreads have rubberbands at the roots and always have. My hair would be really straight and fine so doesn't dread very well when left to its own devices. As my boredom relief I go through the bands and take out the ones that lose their stretch regularly and as I get my dreads bleached they all get taken out and replaced every 2 months.

I think as long as you keep an eye on them it's fine.

NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts
Definitely not tryin to lynch ya :o) but if you're still feeling like u need rubberbands at 3 years they have slowed you're progress way down, I have super straight semi-fine hair too and I never used them and never felt I needed to. To each their own but dreads form by movement and friction, rubberbands don't allow movement...

Cathy said:

I'm probably going to get lynched for this but......all of my dreads have rubberbands at the roots and always have. My hair would be really straight and fine so doesn't dread very well when left to its own devices. As my boredom relief I go through the bands and take out the ones that lose their stretch regularly and as I get my dreads bleached they all get taken out and replaced every 2 months.

I think as long as you keep an eye on them it's fine.

Cathy
@cathy
13 years ago
33 posts

When I first got my dreads I didn't have the bands at the roots and they started to dread together leading to verypainful seperating. I've found that keeping the bands reasonably loose (so they can still be moved easily up and down) the hair dreads neatly and tightly.

Definitely to each their own but I felt I should share my good experience with them!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form