Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Bunched ends

Amber J
@amber-j
13 years ago
23 posts
hey guys! So far it seems like my dreads are coming along well, (losing alot of length along the way!) but ive noticed the ends of alot of my dreads are bunching up into this clump like "thing"...i was wondering if this is normal? Will it eventually even out with the rest of the dread? right now it is about 2x the size of the rest of the dread. Any comments or tips would be great.Thanks :)
updated by @amber-j: 02/14/15 06:26:03AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

like a ball like end ..the ends will do what they wanna do a few of mine did that..and its all normal

what do u mean by :even out with the rest of the dread"

they will do what they want to do they will be extra cool for being unique

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amber J
@amber-j
13 years ago
23 posts
I was just wondering if the ends would also be that much thicker than the rest of the dread...im guessing they will be lol..i need to get some new pics up here one day, these dreads sure have a mind of their own lately! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
pics will help 4 sure

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i think i have the same thing. my hair zig zaged from the bottom up and now i have a clump of zig zags just hanging at the bottom. theyre really tight too. i personally hate them and hope that it all equals out over time.
Amber J
@amber-j
13 years ago
23 posts
Heather, thats what mine did! I have quite a few of them...its weird bc i havent seen any pictures of this happening to other people :-/
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
well at least i'm not alone. i looked for pics all over the internet for people with dreads like this and couldn't find any. it started with the ones that were backcombed but now some of the natural hair is doing it too. its so weird. it's like flat paddle dreads.i'm really hoping they round out because i'm actually considering undoing the ones that are like this. i have 5 of them. the ends sucked up to so i'm worried they will be blunt tipped which is definitely not what i was hoping for.

Amber J said:
Heather, thats what mine did! I have quite a few of them...its weird bc i havent seen any pictures of this happening to other people :-/
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
here's a pic of one of mine. this was taken last month. they're even more zig zaged now.
updated by @heather: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Amber J
@amber-j
13 years ago
23 posts

Maybe ill run out to my car and grab my camera to show you what mine look like! lol Sounds like exactly what im dealing with. I'm trying to just get used to them bc at this point i cant see them turing into a "typical" dread...soooo ill embrace them. Is your hair naturally curly? Mine is, i was wondering if that had soemthing to do with this.

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
my hair is wavy on top and curly underneath. its really soft loose curls though. of course these crazy ones are right in front framing my face. they're about 6 inches shorter than the rest of my hair, too. ugh.
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form