Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

any thing for itchy scalp?

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts
even before dreading i have always had a itchy scalp. actually since dreading it has been a bit better. the only things that ever help at all is barely washing or brushing it. i havent found any products that would help it but then again i am not to knowledgeable on hair care products. i always have been more so the just use whatever and just let my hair be hair type. any products or cleaning that might help and that wouldnt damage any dreading as my dreads are only 3 days backcombed . also when is the best time to give them their first wash?
updated by @adam-bradford: 01/13/15 08:57:50PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wash when they itch

the baking soda acv teatree riosemary peperkmint combo does the trick

search the site fir super clean

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

I found that the acv is great, but also tea tree worked wonders for me. Also, you can wash 'em now. Just wash 'em as often as you use to...which every 3-5 days should be good, depending on your own natural oils and how often your scalp produces them.

Although, I washed my hair everyday or almost everyday in the first month (and I'm still kind of doing it but I got lazy) and I think it helps your dreads to lock up better. Water is new dreads best friend :)

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
A little tea tree will alive the itching but too much dries the scalp. So you need something to help heal the scalp and Rosemary oil is that amazing product.Also look at the hats your wearing! Don't wear a tam that makes your head sweat too much etc

soaringeagle said:

wash when they itch

the baking soda acv teatree riosemary peperkmint combo does the trick

search the site fir super clean

Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts
i've always had itchy scalp too, lately i've been doing as Panterra(thanx) suggested and spot treating with peppermint oil. Works great just use cottonball or tissue soaked in pepermint oil and rub it on scalp on itchy spot(may sting if skin is red,but ok) about 5 to 10 min later itch is gone for the day.
adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts

would peppermint tea work i am having trouble finding these oils near me.
Dave said:
i've always had itchy scalp too, lately i've been doing as Panterra(thanx) suggested and spot treating with peppermint oil. Works great just use cottonball or tissue soaked in pepermint oil and rub it on scalp on itchy spot(may sting if skin is red,but ok) about 5 to 10 min later itch is gone for the day.
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Buy em online. Cheap!!

adam bradford said:

would peppermint tea work i am having trouble finding these oils near me.
Dave said:
Medusa
@medusa
13 years ago
57 posts
Tried adding clove essential oil to my acv rinse today, and so far it has helped my dry winter scalp itches a lot! Clove is a natural anesthetic/antiseptic, so it kinda makes sense.
Trina Sandress
@trina-sandress
13 years ago
87 posts

Peppermint tea would definitely work too!

I make an herbal rinse using lots of fresh peppernint leaves and fresh rosemary. I boil the infusing and let it cool and then you could put it in the fridge in a spray bottle and apply when your scalp gets itchy. I like to pour the rinse onto my dreads when it is still warm too. It feels so yummy on my scalp and my dreads smell so fragrant and clean.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form