Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

who is doing this for spirtual reasons? and what are they

adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts
i am doing this cause i have wanted to for along time as well as being a rasta. i have seriously tried to be as natural as possibal over the last year or so since i discovered that all i stood for was rasta. since themn i went almost full vegan to the point of only eating cheese and rarely eggs but perferably vegan eggs as the only animal products i put in me. i dont even take asprin for headaches. i like the concept of dreads being your minds roots to the universe. i love earth based stuff and natural types of living. figured i would try to find like minded people.
updated by @adam-bradford: 01/13/15 08:57:50PM
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I also love nature, dreading because I have wanted to for a looong time and now have some great info on how to. I also refuse to have to try and keep up with the latest hair styles and products. There are probably many other reasons, I know I posted more in a similar discussion to this one, but that is what comes to mind right now. :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

why would u backcomb t6hen instead of going natural?

or were u fooled into thinking u had to

im the same i wont take anything even for severe pain

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
adam bradford
@adam-bradford
13 years ago
24 posts
i was tricked into it. it wasnt till after the fact that i found this site and all the more natural ways to do it. i am ok with it if the backcombing comes out i just want tit to lockup. some i have ripped apart as they unravel in the back but for the most part i just plan to leave it alone. i figure any further screwing with it would probaaly just cause damage.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea pretty much just leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts

That's really cool but you do know that aspirin is a natural product right? One of the "alternative medicines" that have become "medicine".

Just thought you shouldn't be in pain if you didn't need to. :) Obviously your choice though!

J P
@j-p
13 years ago
8 posts

Hi Adam (and every one else).

I to personally believe that I have some spirital connection with something ofa higher class. What it is I am still trying to put to in to words. But to put short I personally believe that in some ways (mock all you wish) that my locks do allow for some type of connection to what my soul is hunting for.

Also funny (not in a hahaha way) that you mention about dreads/locks being 'roots' of the brain, I really do have a other strong interest with roots and mycorrhizae but thats a differant matter.

And am sure (forgive me if am wrong)its Salix (from the tree) that is used in asprinin so although processed in a way, its from the earth.

J

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form