Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 week Natural

KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

Just thought Id give an update...So I am about a week into the natural dread process...

So my hair is starting to seperate, it startedwithin the firstday and has progressively gotten more and more seperated. (I attached a picture)

A few questions...

My scalp is really starting to itch...Is it okay to scratch? Any oils help with this? Ive been doing the baking soda cleanse every about every 2 days using lavander, tea tree and rosemary...

Ive also noticed Im also starting to get mild headaches...Never had issues with headaches, Ive maybe had a few in my whole life, coincidence?...Maybe somethingto do with the tension of dreads on your scalp?

Last one, based on the picture, is it too early to start looking for potential congos, or should I wait til they actually start locking up and dreading?

Thank you for your help! :)

updated by @kafkax: 01/13/15 08:57:46PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

are u doing the acv?

without the acv you will itch

headaches hmm thats odd no explanation unless your alergic to 1 of the oils ? are u sure they are good quality essentisl oils?

not a aromatherapy or fragrance oil?

theres no dreads to cause tention so odviosly not that maybe do bronners every 2 days bs once every couple weeeks?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

Havnt done the ACV yet, I need to start incorporating that in my washing program...I keep hearing all about it on this site :)

As far as the oils, I went to a local health food store, went to the essential oils department and picked out the oils myself...They all said essential oils on them, I didnt know there was a difference between essential oils and oils used for aromatherapy...I hope I got the right ones...

As far as scratching if you have an itch...Should you try and refrain from scratching? Im hoping after I start incorporating the ACV in my scheme of things that I wont have this issue, but until then? Scratch? or no scratch? :)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
tea tree oil can be very drying so watch how much you use. i know that some oil combinations can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, etc. you might want to look into the different ones your using and make sure they can be used together.
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
try rubbing rather than scratching, headaches are odd, anything else you've changed? I am a migraine sufferer and have only had one since beginning my dread journey so I have to wonder if something else has changed since you started your journey...
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
I don't know, I mix the 3 and have no problems, but everyone is different so this is a possibility...

Heather said:
tea tree oil can be very drying so watch how much you use. i know that some oil combinations can cause headaches, nausea, vomiting, etc. you might want to look into the different ones your using and make sure they can be used together.
KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

I havnt changed anything else...Its quite odd, its not quite a headache, I cant explain it...Ive never felt it before, almost scalp soreness? I dont know, I doubt I am making sense lol

Yeah, Im gonna try the ACV see where that takes things...If the problem is still there, then Ill start looking at the oils.

Thank you all for your input! :)

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
The most odd things can affect the way your head feels, what you eat, smell, stress, anything you are exposed to, even the way you wear your hair can take some time for your head to adjust for sure. When I had long hair straight and got migraines I was encouraged to cut it, it didn't help btw, but that is why I asked if anyhthing else had changed... good luck to you :)
KafkaX
@kafkax
13 years ago
69 posts

Hey Soaringeagle,

When using Dr. Bronners, should I dilute it in a big pitcher, pour on my head and rinse instead of trying to lather the shampooin my hair since my hair is in the baby stage? :)

soaringeagle said:

are u doing the acv?

without the acv you will itch

headaches hmm thats odd no explanation unless your alergic to 1 of the oils ? are u sure they are good quality essentisl oils?

not a aromatherapy or fragrance oil?

theres no dreads to cause tention so odviosly not that maybe do bronners every 2 days bs once every couple weeeks?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form