Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEW DREADS ~!

cameron menzies
@cameron-menzies
15 years ago
6 posts
hey everyone i just got new dreads! there really cool.i got them done at the hairdresser.they used the backcombing method, without wax.My main issue, is that they used some sort of 'lock gel' or soemthing?it kinda feels like normal gel that u might use to spike ur hair or something.The lady told me to leave it for a week, then rince/wash my hair when it is a bit more stablehowever since i have this massive 'RESIDUE FREE' thing built into my head i cant help but wonder/want to rince it outi also know that early days of dreads are fragileso i dont know what to dohelp!
updated by @cameron-menzies: 02/15/15 12:52:18AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
it might be aloe based so wont be too badhowever ifyour cojnhcerned a gentle rince wont hurthow much did u pay for something u could do better yourself?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
Sounds like you found a salon that isn't horrible. Congratulations, that is rare. I understand the want for people to pay for such things so I'm not going to point and laugh. =pCongratulations on your new found dreads, I hope many years of nappyness to you. =D
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
waiting for a week to wash is more of a suggestion, you can wash when you feel ready, just use your best judgment. and keep in mind the first shower is usually the most disturbing, in the case of backcombed dreads.
cameron menzies
@cameron-menzies
15 years ago
6 posts
yo yo its me again. im pretty sure i will wait at least a few days before i rinse it, but another questionafter backcombing, my hair was left with these little spindly bits, mayb 5 cm long, because my hair was actually quite long before i got it backcombedit might look something like this---------------------------\----------------------------------------------------------------------/ie: this is 1 dread with the spindleit kinda looks stupid so im thinking of just cutting them off. that way when my dread hopefully lengthens, it will have a bit smoother edge
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont cut nothin off leave em alonebut a actual picture woulod help moreis that comming out the end?alotta backcombers want blunt ends, blunt ends though can cause issues. they dont alow water to flow right out so take extra long to dry and are prone to molddreads take care of themselves if u dont start fussing over every tiny hair..givbe em time to do what they wanna do cameron menzies said:
yo yo its me again. im pretty sure i will wait at least a few days before i rinse it, but another question
after backcombing, my hair was left with these little spindly bits, mayb 5 cm long, because my hair was actually quite long before i got it backcombed

it might look something like this
---------------------------\
-------------------------------------------
---------------------------/

ie: this is 1 dread with the spindle

it kinda looks stupid so im thinking of just cutting them off. that way when my dread hopefully lengthens, it will have a bit smoother edge

--
cameron menzies
@cameron-menzies
15 years ago
6 posts
yeh i know im just excited/scared at the same time so im frettingi know i should just chill but i cant help but worry
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
go take a trip to the woods spend 3 weeks in the wilderness and forget all about your hair..then spend a week at the beach..then take a peek in a mirror cameron menzies said:
yeh i know im just excited/scared at the same time so im fretting

i know i should just chill but i cant help but worry

--
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
NO DONT DO IT!lol I have backcombed dreads and I thought/did exactly what you are suggesting. I had very curly hair with very weird curly tips, I found that the ones I didn't cut ended up looking better in the long run, don't worry about what they look like now, give it,, say about 3months and see if you notice any progress, if so, give it another an so forth. I can just promise you you won't regret it in time.*edit* Oh and I'd guess I'd like to mention that if you want blunted tip, you will most likely naturally get a few of those, I do, but mostly on the back of my head the most have pointed tips, not sure on your feelings about that, but the blunted ones hold water like a sponge and take awhile longer to dry depending on size. if you decide you want blunted tips you could do so later with a needle but I wouldn't recommend considering it till your dreads have matured some.then you have to take into further consideration if you want to use a needle. but I wouldn't worry about that until much later. right now just enjoy em :)
cameron menzies
@cameron-menzies
15 years ago
6 posts
loli go to uni everyday!so this is why im worried!when i go back tomoro 40 000 ppl will be looking at me going wtf! soaringeagle said:
go take a trip to the woods spend 3 weeks in the wilderness and forget all about your hair..
then spend a week at the beach..
then take a peek in a mirror

cameron menzies said:
yeh i know im just excited/scared at the same time so im fretting

i know i should just chill but i cant help but worry
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form