Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

so i basiclly started over question

john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
So I've had my old dreads for a month and a week thanks to soaringeagel I washed em all out and am now doing it the natural way with no products I was wondering if I can still get the nice thick round pro lookin dreads that most ppl have if I still do the natural method as supposed to it looking like tree rootsThank you!Ps. That dreadheadhq stuff was banging my hair all up and ruining/thining them so I hope they will be beautiful and look good (I give it wayyyyyy to much thought)
updated by @john-kopfle: 01/13/15 08:57:38PM
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
It just takes time...some people it takes a year or more some people it happens quick. Just let it be and you'll be amazed at what it'll do. First thing I saw with mine was piecey (is that a word?) chunks of hair. Your hair almost looks stringy but in bigger pieces.
john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
Ok so I guess just let it be and it will start to do its own thing. Now when its starts to finally dread should I do alittle bit of palm rolling to get that nice rounded look?
john kopfle
@john-kopfle
13 years ago
50 posts
Thanks everyone for your help I love this site :D
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your too brainwashed by dreadheadhq

what makes u think dreads should be round withput personality?

your dreads will be way better then boring round dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
i think palm rolling was invented by wax sellers. they would tell you to palm roll to compress the wax into the hair. doesn't do much if you don't have a bunch of gunk in your hair.

john kopfle said:
Ok so I guess just let it be and it will start to do its own thing. Now when its starts to finally dread should I do alittle bit of palm rolling to get that nice rounded look?
Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

the natural method definitely leads to some cool funky and unique dreads. Of course, not everyone wants that and for some people (please don't lampoon me for saying this) it's just hair. And just a look. So if you want a more uniform look, that is still completely natural, try the tnr method. Alot of people on this site have used twist and rip, including myself, for different reasons, and one of the reasons I did it was because I did not trust my hair to not become one giant piece of matted hair.

Of course, it's still a process, but you might get what you are looking for that way. Oh and everyone else is right, palmrolling doesn't do shit. It's a temporary fix and kind of a waste of time. Just trust your hair to do its thing.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form