Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

DRYING!

Miles Robertson
@miles-robertson
13 years ago
13 posts
howdy all, ever since my backcombed dreads... FELL out :piv been trying to be a bit more gentle for my natural approach.iv been going natural for about 2 months now, and the back of my head is fully dreaded, and rock hard.all of my original curls are all individual curly dreads now, ( which is pretty awesome if you ask me.)iv been washing my hair every 2nd morning with dishwashing liquid, and doing a baking soda wash every saturday night. ( i try to meet this standard anyway :P)when i dry my hair, i either just press a towel against my dreads and let them drip dry afterwards. but if i have work, i put a towel over my hands , hang my head to one side and do a sort of .... palm roll motion i guess. i then switch sides of my head, dry, do the same to the back and front, and then just ruffle the top of my head with my towel. it dries them REALLY quickly, but is there a chance that my drying methods are hindering my progress?i want the rest of my head to dread up like the back, its been like this for nearly 2 months now, and i miss having a whole head of dreads.all your advice, stories, tips etc are welcome :)
updated by @miles-robertson: 01/13/15 08:57:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wear a tam to bed

but id just shake em out and let em dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts

i thought wearing a tam and stuff to bed was bad a screws up the knotting process?

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
a tam is loose so your hair will move within it when you move around on the pillow which encourages knotting. its a good alternative for those of us who can't do a wool sweater on the pillow because of skin irritation. stay away from tight beanies though because those are too restrictive and you'll get one big mondo dread.

jarvis zawistowski said:

i thought wearing a tam and stuff to bed was bad a screws up the knotting process?

Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Maybe NOTa good idea to cover it up while it's wet, that's just my opinion though. I wash my hair first in the shower which gives it plenty of time for water to run off the ends and then I use the towel to lighty squueze my tighter dreads and then just wrap it like you would a towel on your head. Usually by the time I'm done getting dressed I take the towel off and my hair is mostly dry.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form