Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

ACV in uk?

Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
I'm in Cornwall and ACV is like 12 a litre down here. On the net all I find is 100% acv for poulry, horses and cleaning etc. Is this stuff ok to use or am I gonna have to shell out for the supermarket stuff again?
updated by @dan-b: 01/13/15 08:57:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i dunno what that translates to in $ but acv should be cheap u do not need organic high quaslity cheap stiufds gfine so is white vinager too

i get a gallon for a couple bucks i guess its cheap and lasts months even tho i use probly 20 times more then u

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
Yea I been on White vinegar. It's just because ciders farmed here so the price is higher because it's the 'genuine home of' rubbish. Its ok now though I just ordered a batch from a cider farm. In Devon. 5l for 5.00Who'd have thought it'd be so dificult

Amber Claire said:

oh my! 12 pound no way that is a lot of money!!

Do you have aholland and barrett shop? it is organic but you can get cheaper stuff from sainsburys. You could always use white vinegar that is like 47p from Tescos. You must follow the baking soda with a vinegar rince to balance out the pH so you could try the white vinegar.

Hope this helps :)

Green Head
@green-head
12 years ago
31 posts

dude do you not live near ASDA?

and is distilled vinegar (the stuff thats clear) the same as white vinegar? coz that distilled stuff stinks like chips man i don't wanna put that on my head!

Angel Frye
@angel-frye
12 years ago
409 posts

White wine vinegar is different than regular white vinegar you use to scrub the kitchen with, pour down your dish disposal, or use on your laundry. Trust me on this. I once made German Hot Potato Salad using the regular white vinegar instead of the WINE version and I gagged. Whole pot of food gone to the trash can. There is a difference.

White wine vinegar may smell a bit more tangy than apple cider vinegar but I've actually grown to love it more than apple cider vinegar. Keeps my knots in tighter and doesn't condition as much. Not sure why but it does on me anyway.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Hi Dan B! Im from the West country! Somerset. Well i've just had a quick look on Sainsburys website and they have two types of cider vinegar one is by Aspalls, (I like their cider) The other is Sainsburys own brand heres the link.

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/groceries/index.jsp?bmUID=1336576542744

And the great thing is that they are only 1 a bottle! nice!

I'm gonna start trying the BS an ACV so I think I might give these a try.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Sorry just seen the rest of your intro post, I'm guessing your tying to find larger quantities than what the supermarkets do. Hurrm i dunno about this but do have a Bookers wholesaler anywhere near you? They may do it large quanties as they supply to caterers and business? Just a thought.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form