Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

almost ready to give up and shave my head. 2mos in and nothing...

Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts
you could run your fingers thru my hair... its that soft and smooth. its crazy. i have hair that most women wished they had. its shiney, silky smooth, not oily, straight/wavy, and it wont fucking lock up!!! i did the rip and twist method at the end of december and finished on Jan1st and just left them alone. no palm rolling or wax or crochet ('cept for the first few). i was washing every 3-4days with coco castile bar soap, which made my hair too soft. i started wearing a wool tam/beaning everyday at the end of jan and by then most of the twist and rip dreads fell apart. i started using bs/acv wash/rinse method and by week 2 of febuary, i noticed that some of the loose hair began to clump together and looked dreaded a little. i palm rolled/twisted a couple times after my showers as well as sea salt spray about once or twice a week, a few hours before my shower. at this point i have some knotted hair but its still all loose and straight and not locked into clumps anymore. now i'm super bummed. i dont know what to do and with shaggy hair i'm loosing out on job opportunities as well as pissing off my wife. she was against this thing from the beginging and went with it anyway hoping to see the results and now she's seen her hard work (she did the T&R) fall apart. nothing to show... and i dont know what to do about it. a part of me says to say fuck it and make my life easier and go get a haircut. but another part of me says fuck that. i dont know what i want to do and i'm not looking for you to fix my delima. but if you see my page and blogs and see where i started this, maybe you could give me your perspective. maybe you have an encouraging story or insight.
updated by @sancho-lopez: 01/13/15 08:57:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

umm..jan..feb.. and a few days into march.. thats not too long dude.. especialy if they fell apart

the shampoo screwed u for suere but u wait 2 more months it will dread naturaly im sure..or tnr the ones that fell apaert (u dont need to make it hard work do 1 a day) it will dread as long as u dont use the wrong shampoo

it had cocoa in the name its more conditiomer then shampoo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts

your hair sounds a lot like mine. it took forever to start seeing some kind of knotting happening because of my silky soft hair. i'm a couple of weeks away from 6 months and just in the last month or so my hair has started to section off and knot on the ends. i tried a few t&r in the beginning but they just unraveled within a matter of hours. i do have 7 backcombed sections that are going crazy. the rest is natural/neglect. i don't even separate very much because i was doing it a bunch in the beginning and basically undoing any progress. your only a couple months in and i think you have a few more to go before you start seeing things happen. one thing thats helping me is finding a washing routine that dries out my hair a bit so i don't lose what progress i'm making.

i do 1/3 cup of baking soda in a 64oz. empty juice bottle. i add really hot water, put the lid on and shake. then i add a squirt or two of whatever shampoo i'm using at the moment into the bottle and shake again. i add the shampoo because i have an oily scalp and the baking soda alone doesn't help any. i do like the baking soda though because it dries out my hair a bit which is really helping keeping the sections together. we have really hard water so i can't use acv, bronners, etc because they leave me greasy.

i think if your already 2 months in then why not give it another 2 months or more. start playing around with different washing techniques and find one that works for you and your hair. don't do any separating for a while. i really think that if my hair can knot than anybodies can. before dreadlocks i didn't even own a brush! lol:)

Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
oh and definitely ditch the coco castile bar soap. WAY to conditioning. really nice soap if your african american or anyone with course hair but too much for you.
Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts
thanks. i havent done anything drastic but it started to look straighter than before the t&r, so i freaked a little. i'm being patient and just not messing with it.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form