Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dying ,

Zaleekhah
@zaleekhah
13 years ago
20 posts

I would like to Dye my Dreads rainbow but I am not quite sure how I want to go about it. Also if I did dye my dreads would my dreads always be like that? Would it destroy my dreads? I want them to look similar to this:

Or this:

updated by @zaleekhah: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
if i remember right that's wool added to the dreads and not dye, but as for dying them rainbow shouldnt be an issue only issue is if you have to bleach them it can damage your hair but if you know all that and still wanna do it then go for it! as for dying them the dye is not generally permanent and washes out in a few months especially if use BS!
Lex
@lex
13 years ago
217 posts

if you wash your hair regularly the colors will really only stay bright for a few weeks, and only last a few months. Re-bleaching dreads can absolutely kill them if you do not manage to get ALL the bleach out every time, and it takes quite a lot of bleach and hair dye. About double what it would for straight hair.

Both the images you posted as examples are actually just wool extensions and wraps, not dye, so even if you do dye your dreads they won't look just like those pictures.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form