Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Loose holey roots, loose ends, itcheeeeeeeeez

ilovesarah
@ilovesarah
13 years ago
8 posts
Hey All, I need some expert advice. I have a lot of locks with looseness and separation at the roots. They are soooooo weak. Will these dread normal or should i anticipate a disaster later on? Also, the ends have unraveled extremely with some having 6 in. or more of loose hair at the ends omg; that's the natural process i guess so i can suck that up but my straight hair seems to be consuming my dreads : ( The dandruff and itching is unbearable. I wash my hair about 1x/wk with bs/acv. Scared to wash more often b/c of all the unraveling going on! Any advice is appreciated. **pics attached**
updated by @ilovesarah: 02/14/15 06:24:11AM
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Did you start with back-combing? Looks to me like you're just unraveling. It happens to a lot of people who start with back-combing or twist and rip. I don't really know if you can stop it... might be best to let it unravel and do its thing. Even bone-straight hair dreads with time. And don't worry -- all hair dreads normal and there will be no disaster.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
ok what u got there iswellpic 1 look at how widse an area those roots are comming from that should be 4 or more dreads thats why its splitting u tried forcing hair from a really wide area uinto a small dread naturaly it would have sectioned itself into at least 3 seperate dreads maybe 4many of the sections in the back look huge that way but that top 1 for sure should be split up into smaller dreads u can see where it wants to split so split itwashing more often wuill help it dread its dreading up really well but u just fiorced really big sections in alotta areas it seemswheb they mature they will be really fatany that are trying to split should have been more then 1 dreadis it just that top 1? if so split that into 3 or 4 and leave em be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
actualy 2nd look it can be 2

--
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
Your hair is the first hair I've seen that kinda looks like mine, longer though. Mine is doing the same thing. The parts I've back combed seem to let a little hair go every time I wash. I've just been trying to leave it alone or split up the ones that look really terrible. Good luck!
ilovesarah
@ilovesarah
13 years ago
8 posts
At least a dozen or so dreads look like pic one. So I guess I should have started with smaller sections. SE how do I spit a dread? Should i put conditioner on it to pull it apart or just rip it? If I just rip it won't that cause a lot of damage?

soaringeagle said:
ok what u got there is
well
pic 1 look at how widse an area those roots are comming from that should be 4 or more dreads thats why its splitting u tried forcing hair from a really wide area uinto a small dread naturaly it would have sectioned itself into at least 3 seperate dreads maybe 4
many of the sections in the back look huge that way but that top 1 for sure should be split up into smaller dreads u can see where it wants to split so split it
washing more often wuill help it dread its dreading up really well but u just fiorced really big sections in alotta areas it seems
wheb they mature they will be really fat
any that are trying to split should have been more then 1 dread
is it just that top 1? if so split that into 3 or 4 and leave em be
Mark Fry
@mark-fry
13 years ago
39 posts
How long have you had the dreads? If they are newish you'll be able to wash those dreads out. If you've them a while, still give the washing a good go and just lightly comb them out. You may need to wash many times.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

2 options

1 use alotta conditioner (wipe on with hands only on those dreads) and comb out

2 when wet pull apart carefully from roots towards tips

that 1 is only connectes at the tip so shouldnt be hard

--
ilovesarah
@ilovesarah
13 years ago
8 posts
Thanks All. These babies are only 3 mths old and boy have they seen better days. I went ahead to condition out the dread in pic 1 and made it into two then used the t n r. It worked very well. I'm going to repeat the process on another dozen or so that look similar. I don't anticipate some to stay as one dread so I might as well separate now to avoid damage later, right?. Thx for the advice se : ) it really helped.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

cool post updates as they progress

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form