Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

forced to cut my dreads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts
i had to do the worst thing yesterday an cut my babies off. work made me or im fired, so i had to cause i gotta live, but can any one tell me where i could donate them?
updated by @justin-ivers: 02/14/15 06:14:53AM
Choppah
@choppah
13 years ago
20 posts

Im more sorry for the idiot who forced you..

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

work cannot make u they cannot fire u over that u had every right to take them to court

thats illegal descrimination

but start looking for a new job and starrt dreading again and tell them if they dare try that again with anyone they will be sued in fact contact the aclu and sue em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theres a feartured discussion biout donating

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Clayton
@clayton
13 years ago
76 posts
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as SE. They can't force you to cut 'em. Then again, there's nothing stopping them from making up a different excuse to fire you :\. Kinda a crappy situation... personally I'd quit and find someone more worth your skills and work ethic.
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
a lot of places do not "need" a reason to fire you anymore, when you go in you sign papers allowing them to let you go w/ no reason and you cannot place grievances or anything so if they say " cut your dreads or you're gone" well you're gone unless you do so, i'm sure you can ask any hair salon or barbershop etc...where you can donate and most will do it for you!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
It is true; most places where you sign an application have a little disclaimer stating that they can basically fire you with or without reason. It sucks but if i was an employer i would want the same power to do so. I am sorry you had to do that though man.
Jackal
@jackal
13 years ago
132 posts
yah a lot of states are called "right to work states" and in the employment contract, it says you can be terminated at any time for any reason with or without prior notice. check to see if your state is one. once i worked at a call center for a few months and i went into work one day and my logins didnt work anymore, and i asked the manager and she checked the computer and she said i had been terminated the previous day and i had no notice.
Charlotte
@charlotte
13 years ago
57 posts
@Jackal man that's harsh!!!
justin ivers
@justin-ivers
13 years ago
16 posts
it all started when one of the franchise owners came back from vacation first it was the loose hair so i bought a due rag like the asst manager recomended then things were fine, so i thought. then it was the flap on the back so i got all my loose hairs trimed and tuck the flap under my hat. i had people askin if i cut them they where so conceled. then the gm comes to me an says hes sorry but u gotta make the choice, cause the owner signs my checks so it was up to me so i road it out then he asked me what i was gonna do but he did offer me a raise to cut them that was mine and his deal to keep me there

soaringeagle said:

work cannot make u they cannot fire u over that u had every right to take them to court

thats illegal descrimination

but start looking for a new job and starrt dreading again and tell them if they dare try that again with anyone they will be sued in fact contact the aclu and sue em

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form