Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sticky Hair! Help!

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
I've been washing my hair with baking soda and white distilled vinegar. This usually leaves my hair soft and squeaky clean. About 3 weeks ago my hair felt sticky after washing. Since that time I have tried washing with diluted Bronner's, Pears, and even dish detergent, all to no avail. I dye my roots black about every 2 to 2 1/2 months, and briefly entertained the possibility that my hair is damaged from that. However, I feel that that is unlikely to be the cause for a two reasons: I did not dye my hair just before the issue started and the roots, which have not been dyed at all are also sticky. My fingers actually come away sticky. My undreaded bangs are sticky as well. It's driving me insane, and I don't have any idea how to resolve it. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm at my wit's end.
updated by @black-rose: 01/13/15 08:56:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

whast do u mix together what proportiuons is your scalp in good condition no wounds that could vbe oozing you are rinsing the bs b4 using the acv?

1 person said thios happened but she was using lemon juice 1 other freind said too but never got back to me about what she did

theres also ..a very minute possibility a batch of bs went out contaminated or something since ts odd 3 ppl said that within this week and never has issues b4

but exactly what do u mixand how muchany new oils added even same oils from a new source

lets figure this out

if nothings removing it (and assumming u never used wax???????)

it could be being produced from your scalp..oozeing sores

u did never use wax right?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
I've never measured anything out; I just mix the baking soda in a bowl of water. I would say I probably use 1/2 cup baking soda to 6 cups water, apply it, let it sit about ten minutes, rinse, then rinse with water and vinegar, which is a mix of about 3 capfuls of vinegar to 4 cups of water. I occasionally throw a couple drops of tea tree oil in the baking soda wash. My scalp is healthy - no sores. I never used wax. Ugh. I can only imagine how much worse that would be. I have no idea how people can stand wax!

soaringeagle said:

whast do u mix together what proportiuons is your scalp in good condition no wounds that could vbe oozing you are rinsing the bs b4 using the acv?

1 person said thios happened but she was using lemon juice 1 other freind said too but never got back to me about what she did

theres also ..a very minute possibility a batch of bs went out contaminated or something since ts odd 3 ppl said that within this week and never has issues b4

but exactly what do u mixand how muchany new oils added even same oils from a new source

lets figure this out

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
I've never measured anything out; I just mix the baking soda in a bowl of water. I would say I probably use 1/2 cup baking soda to 6 cups water, apply it, let it sit about ten minutes, rinse, then rinse with water and vinegar, which is a mix of about 3 capfuls of vinegar to 4 cups of water. I occasionally throw a couple drops of tea tree oil in the baking soda wash. My scalp is healthy - no sores. I never used wax. Ugh. I can only imagine how much worse that would be. I have no idea how people can stand wax!

soaringeagle said:

lets figure this out

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts

soaringeagle said:

lets figure this out

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
Sorry for the multiple replies. My messages all appeared to freeze in the send phase, so I re-sent them, and ended up with multiples. Argh!

Black Rose said:

soaringeagle said:

lets figure this out

Chrissy Duncan
@chrissy-duncan
13 years ago
2 posts

I would say try an undiluted apple cider vinegar soak (I am not sure if someone else suggested it or not so sorry if it's already been put out there) My daughter had a whole bunch of gunk in her hair after a "makeover" at a sleepover and I soaked her hair for 25 min and nadda thing was left behind....other then super clean dreads @(^_^)@ Best of luck!!

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
maybe too much baking soda? I use I'd say less than 1/4 cup to a gallon of water with some jasmine, lavendar, and either tea tree or peppermint and then about 3-4 capfuls of acv in a gallon of water ( i don't really measure so these are very rough estimates) more if i feel the need too.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea i use less in a gallon too or mag that much(i probly put 3 gallons and lil under a cup bs thru mine) i cant imagine whats would cause a stickiness tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form