Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Can't decide between staying natural or doing twist & rip

peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts

It is day 3 of no brushing. I have washed my hair (w/ Dr. Bronner's) for the past 3 days, so my progress could probably be even better if I would've skipped a day or 2. Anyways, here's what I've got so far, and I'm pretty happy with it. I never knew that leaving my hair alone and letting go of any concern with it would feel so GREAT and liberating. :)

Please share any input! :) I'm torn between leaving it natural or doing twist & rip.

updated by @peacelovebliss714: 02/14/15 06:15:08AM
Angelina Aurelia*~*
@angelina-aurelia
13 years ago
42 posts
watch my videos darlin.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u already know u feel it doesnt it feel great? plus in 3 days u got as much progress as many ppl see in 2 weeks so yoyur really on the right track

im not gonna make any decision for u or even recomend anything except to suggecst u not even bother concidering making a decision fopr 2-4 more weeks

your 3 days in

by 20 days in im sure you will be much more sure of what u should do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
TarzansWifey
@tarzanswifey
13 years ago
19 posts

heres my experinece

i did tnr, and them combed them all out after a few weeks cuz i didnt like them and started over natural and i luv luv luv my hair! its been a month and 1/2 and the back of my hair is already sectioned and dreading up. ive got some crazy loops and messy tangles and some of my hair (around my face) is completely untangled and silky smooth still lol. your decision, but im really enjoying the process of watching my hair change and letting it do what it wants to do (with the exception of separating them after washing)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

looks like the vote is in...natural all the way :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts
thanks for everyone's input. I decided to keep it natural. The fact that I'm willing to be patient and see what happens naturally kinda says something for my usual impatient self. :) Have I mentioned how much I love the freedom of not worrying about about my hair? Thanks for everyone's support. I'll make my best attempts to post pictures weekly or bi-weekly of my progress. :)
peacelovebliss714
@peacelovebliss714
13 years ago
24 posts
Thanks! I've been diluting it, but just "winging it" in the shower. What would you recommend for a good dilution? If it helps at all my, hair is usually naturally a bit oily... but even that has improved since I stopped brushing! :D thanks for any advice.

Dorothy said:
i say go natural! make sure to dilute the bronners. enjoy the journey!
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
i actually tnr'd a few and they have had less progress than the ones i've left alone, do what you feel best but they look like they'd do great natural!
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
Um you prollyhave a ways to go if you let it go natural, but thats good because it helps you apreciate whatprogress it does make over time. Twist and rip obviouslty will help with some of that "instant gratification" of it all but i enjoy the journey as well as the destination so natural is what i did. Plus..with hair like mine, little dread-tree buds all over my haid just looks completely natural for some reason.
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I haven't tried tnr but I did back comb the front and then just let the back section go. I have some like "man made" dreads and then the back looks pretty much like yours (after a month). My personal thinking is I love the BACK of my hair, it's doing it's own thing. I like it being natural and watching it change everyday. I know it's hard to be patient but I'm wishing I would have now!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form